HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Inlet manifold question
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PinkBitz
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 11:39 am    Post subject: Inlet manifold question Reply with quote

Underneath the manifold there is a circle little thing near the temp send thingy. is there supposed to be a little hose coming off the little pipe it has. if so, where does it go.

cheers,
CuGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 11:48 am    Post subject: Re: Inlet manifold question Reply with quote

the hose off the little circle thingy (only on egr manifolds) goes to the thermal vacuum switch which is the one on the front of the inlet manifold. should also be one going from the vacuum switch to the bottom of the carby (if you've got a nikki)
PinkBitz
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 12:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Inlet manifold question Reply with quote

is that the little blue plug, shaped like a F ?
CuGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Inlet manifold question Reply with quote

yep
PinkBitz
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 12:22 pm    Post subject: Another question Reply with quote

Thanks Cugem, I have nearly got it all sweet, what is that little black cylinder lookin thingy called. it has 3 hoses coming off it. One goes to the sump, or thereabouts, am i right?????

thanks,
CuGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Another question Reply with quote

the black cylinder looking thingy (altho I don't like to be that technical ;op) i think you're talkin about is the evaporative control valve. one to the sump, one to the aircleaner and one to the fuel tank
PinkBitz
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 12:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Another question Reply with quote

my last concern is the 3 little plugs on the bottom of the carby. On the engine side of it. do they have anything to do with the one on the rocker cover.

cheers,
CuGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 1:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Another question Reply with quote

2 little ones on the engine side of the inlet manifold - back one goes up to the air cleaner front to the rocker cover. other plug at the front on the bottom of the carby goes to the vacuum switch i mentioned before.
cheers
PinkBitz
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 1:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Another question Reply with quote

on the inlet manifold, facing towards the passenger side, at the bottom of the carby, there is 3 plugs. shaped in a triangle from. I think the setup that was on it b4, was the 2 top plugs ran into eachother, and the bottom one had a bolt in the hose to block it. then the rocker cover hose, went straight to the aircleaner. That doesnt seem right.
CuGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 2:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Another question Reply with quote

sorry can't help Surprised( are we dealing with a TF/TG here?
PinkBitz
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Another question Reply with quote

yeah dude, certainly is. Thanks for the rest of the info but.

cheers,
CuGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Another question Reply with quote

yeah sorry, don't know much about them. just thought tho' 2 of em have gotta go where I said, the other hmmm. something to do with the mechanical fuel pump?? Do you still have the late model head or a pre TF head with no mechanical fuel pump?
watch out, takin stabs in the dark now! lol
PinkBitz
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 8:12 pm    Post subject: Howabouts someone else??? Reply with quote

Michelle
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 9:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Howabouts someone else??? Reply with quote

TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 9:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Howabouts someone else??? Reply with quote

okay the tube that comes off the the rocker cover goes to the first tube on the inlet manifold it is the PCV valve. the middle one goes to the egr valve. The last one goes to the air cleaner it is a vacum line for the idle ( apparently)
i f u have the wevber jsut block that one off.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: