HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Question?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rust3
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 4:13 pm    Post subject: Question? Reply with quote

What's involved in putting a 13B turb into a gemini?
coupe
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Question? Reply with quote

do you still have dohc 1.8
coupe
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 4:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Question? Reply with quote

so do you
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 4:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Question? Reply with quote

the question should be: whats the point?
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 5:08 pm    Post subject: Asphinkta says what? Reply with quote

Lots of work - what's your position, have you got a rotary sitting around spare? Have you even got a gemini?? or have you got your willy in hand while your asking stupid questions.
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 5:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Asphinkta says what? Reply with quote

hahahahahahaha
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 9:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Question? Reply with quote

FUCKING LOTS OF TIME AND MONEY.... AND PANADOLS
elky
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 11:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Question? Reply with quote

shitloads of work and money, if u are not handy with the spanners and welder then i wouldn't bother. I had a look at a 13b turbo TG sedan at Phils rotarys in brissy and it is a mammoth task, so much fabricating to get the motor to sit right without affecting the handling. That said i am currently rebuilding a TX coupe which will be powered by a 13B PP, much easier cause no turbo or intercooler ( the exhaust on a rotor is on the drivers side and interferes with the steering. By the way these so called " conversion kits" are crap. There are too many variables with side verses front mounting, gearbox mounts etc, so i reckon u get a good fabricator and do it from scratch!
cheers
markop
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 11:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Question? Reply with quote

What state are u in?
In Sydeny its not legal to have a 13b turbo in a little Gem i have done all the research as im buildig my Gem coupe grund up and a rotor is going in it.
Dont listen to the others that replied, Rotors RULE, and trust me the power to weight ratio is unbelivable.
Goodluck,and be prepared to spend a bit of money and have a few headaches on the way.
rust3
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 4:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Question? Reply with quote

MR GEMI, Keep your crappy comments to yourself fool. The reason I was wondering was because im looking at doing something different instead of the usual piazza conversion.
rust3
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Question? Reply with quote

COUPE, i dont have a DOHC 1.8L, its a G200 DOHC (2L) and yes i still have it
rust3
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 5:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Asphinkta says what? Reply with quote

ahahahahaha NOT FUNNY.
Whats your problem momofan? Just because one of us has the money to do something your going to sit there having a go at me. Sounds like your the one doing the strocking over there pal.

ahahahahahahahahaha smacker!!
Gemiboy
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 5:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Question? Reply with quote

A mate was tellin me that Rotors are a major headfuck to do. one engineer he was talkin to told him that he done one and swore he would neva do it again. myself has nothin against rotors but was told that a turbo FJ20 goes sweet and maybe it could be a lil easier to stick in than a rotor. mite wana susss tat out. but just a sugestion.
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 9:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Asphinkta says what? Reply with quote

now now settle it down
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 9:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Question? Reply with quote

Hey like i told you dont listen to the others comments stick to the rotor trust once you got the finished product you wont be sorry you did it.
Offer the others a drag between a rotary gem and a fully worked gem and see who wins?
considering the driver knows how to drag.
Dont give up mate
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Gemini parts All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: