HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Candy apple colours

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
psi
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2002 3:56 pm    Post subject: Candy apple colours Reply with quote

Anyone in here a spray painter, or knows bout paints??
I'm planning to paint my gem in a candy apple red and have heard it is impossible to match to do repair work if needed. Is this true?. I know the paint is different to other colours coz it is a film sort of liquard over a coloured base, but want to know if touch up work is possible, coz i dont wanna be caught out down the track with panel work to do to find out i have to respray the whole car to have it the same colour again.
Any info would be great.
zzz
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2002 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Candy apple colours Reply with quote

i used to do panel beating and the painters where
iworked could match anything you just need a realy good painter but it will be costly
good luck
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2002 4:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Candy apple colours Reply with quote

im pritty sure u can match them, almost positly. i had my moto helmet done in candy red. i will ask dave (air brush artist) if it can be done.
but it will cost u! hahaha tell me when mats boss goes away.!! and i wil tel u hhehe
GENE
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2002 5:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Candy apple colours Reply with quote

will do.
also ask him how much he will charge to paint flames up the front end over the front guards and bonnet... i'll supply the paint and do all the sanding.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2002 6:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Candy apple colours Reply with quote

will the poofy flames make it go fast?? lol
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2002 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Candy apple colours Reply with quote

yes
psi
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Candy apple colours Reply with quote

well lightning all over your old gem didnt make it go fast, thats for sure, so i don't think the flames will make mine go any faster.. not that it will need to go any faster... hahahaha
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 3:44 pm    Post subject: HAHAHA Reply with quote

the lightning sure made it go fsted then a common-whore with a earo body kit!! BAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: