HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

engine is screwed!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave 85

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2002 2:58 am    Post subject: engine is screwed!! Reply with quote

I just bought a gem and the big end berring is screwed due to oil leeking out from everywhere im on a buget what should i do should i get this engine re-built, buy a reco or what if somone could help me would be greatfull!! ALso i know jack shit about cars.
TG 1985
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2002 3:55 pm    Post subject: Re: engine is screwed!! Reply with quote

yea, same shit happened with my gem when i got it, i was goin to restore ir, but was also on a budget,

i ended up pulling out a block from the wreckers, one with no groove at the top from the piston rings, boring it with a drill (used one of them drill bits), new rings, new main bearings and crank, head was just cleaned up, the bits where the valves sit where fixed up with this paste stuff, the rubber shit at the top of the valves were all replaced, and i'm only 16, and i figured it out. only problem was that i put the oil pump at the bottom the wrong way round i think, is all good but. and the fucken temp guage, haha, the cable wansn't even plugged up.

and i'm only 16.

chirs.
Dave 85

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2002 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: engine is screwed!! Reply with quote

if your only 16 what the fuck do u do for a job are u a mecaic???
alan
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2002 10:11 pm    Post subject: Re: engine is screwed!! Reply with quote

IF you dont know much about cars, then how do you know the big end is shot? What tests/observations have you done?

What is your budget?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: