HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

ROB W

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TimD
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2002 5:48 pm    Post subject: ROB W Reply with quote

Hey Rob, this is about the gabriel red ryder gas. My question is are they the same shock for lowered and unlowered gems??? I have had a few different answers, wondering if you knew the right one! Went to buy them today and they were unsure so i left it just to be on the safe side.
cheers
rob_w
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2002 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: ROB W Reply with quote

As far as i know, you can use stock length shocks for low springs, but expect the rear springs to fall out when you jack up the arse end.
from what eggy has told me, for normal lowering..i.e 2", stock front shocks are ok, but for the rear you need short ones, as the springs rely on the shocks to hold the diff in place when there is no loading on the back. either that or tie the springs in with an old seatbelt.. Smile
somehow i dont think its legal thou......
hope this helps some.
rob.
rob_w
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2002 3:46 pm    Post subject: Re: ROB W Reply with quote

oh, and the ones i got are for stock length....i rally my car, so low isnt really the best thing...
screamin in the dirt, big fuckin rocks...bang, ouch, faaark
get the picture?
cheers
rob.
TimD
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2002 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: ROB W Reply with quote

cheers Rob
Just finished putting them in this morning. Thought id put in a set of rear lowered pedders while i was there. I have both the front and back set but i can hardly see a difference. In short, im not sure which set to put in the back. Cant really go by the stock ones ive taken out as theyre fucked. One set is slightly longer and the other shorter and larger in diameter. Which are the rear!!!?
rob_w
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2002 11:35 am    Post subject: Re: ROB W Reply with quote

ok, you have bought a set of 4 pedders?
if you havent, then the rears are the pedders....duh.
but if you havent, the rear shocks are usually longer than the front, even with the lowering.
take them outta the packs, and fully extend them.
the longer ones should be for the rear.
also, the shocks i got only had one nut for the rear, and two for the front, if that helps.
but if you get really desperate, give pedders a call, and ask which is which, after quoting the part numbers on the boxes/shocks.
but from what you have written, the short fat ones are for the front..ie fatter cos of the engine, and shorter cos of the double wishbones......or whatever they're called...ie, the long ones are the rear.
cheers.
rob.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: