HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

changing a 4spd to a 5spd

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PinkBitz
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2002 6:20 pm    Post subject: changing a 4spd to a 5spd Reply with quote

i have researched thoroughly using the search function and couldnt come up with the info i need. I have my engine out at the moment, and i am thinkin of puttin a 5spd into it instead of the 4. Do the rear mounts bolt up normal? and i know that i might need to change the tailshaft. is the reverse wires the same, etc. and is the speedo cable the same. is there any mods, or is it a straight bolt up.
thanx peoples.
PhooL
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2002 7:21 pm    Post subject: Re: changing a 4spd to a 5spd Reply with quote

i wouldnt suggest doing it if your not a mechanic my friend Smile Get one of your mates whos an apprentice or some shi to do it for you and shout him lunch or some shit or give him first burnout Smile
Mr Hanky
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2002 11:36 pm    Post subject: Re: changing a 4spd to a 5spd Reply with quote

"Get one of your mates whos an apprentice or some shi to do it for you and shout him lunch or some shit or give him first burnout Smile"

Phool - your name suits you! Changing your gearbox is easy as, yes it's a straight bolt up fit. Make sure you get the tail shaft with the box incase you end up with different splines - but yeah, don't be a skirt, if you've already got the motor out, do the box, you should be able to pick one up for around $200 and it will be well worth it. Fuck if you can hold a spanner you can change your box!
PinkBitz
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2002 11:55 pm    Post subject: Re: changing a 4spd to a 5spd Reply with quote

yeah... i was just checkin.
Simmo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2002 2:54 pm    Post subject: Re: changing a 4spd to a 5spd Reply with quote

Check the workshop mate, theres a helpfull article in there if i remember correctly.

Simmo.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: