HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Hit against gutter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leb5tar

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2002 8:57 pm    Post subject: Hit against gutter Reply with quote

hey guys,
i was just drivin a mates TD and i took it sideways around a corner and was in 2nd gear. I thru a couple of fishies then went into a pot hole and i lost it and went flyin into a gutter hittin the 2 left tyres. the front left tyre was a little dented and the rear one had a tiny dent into it. The cars steering would not go straight and greatly drags to the left while driving now. he also said it isnt going as hard as it was before.
Another mate said that its just from the tyres and u just need to change them and they'll be fine. now i was just wondering what the problem could be coz if there is a big problem ill be the one who will have to fix it and hopefully their isnt but if their is do you guys kno what the problem could be and how much it would cost too fix?
sik13b_gemini
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2002 9:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Hit against gutter Reply with quote

hahaha u KHARAZ!! u prolly put the wheels outa alignment so it drags to the left or bent a steering arm take it to ur local tyre center have them do a test on it and see wat they come up wit. and for the engine re wouldnt hav a clue i dont think the engine would have much effect if uve hit a gutter sideways cuz ur engine mounts hav a fair bit of giv an take Wink or start saving for sum driving lessons re hahaha ton pousti
Leb5tar

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2002 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Hit against gutter Reply with quote

lol it aint coz of my drivin fool =D
its coz i ripped it into first sent it sideways and the front suspensions hell of a bouncy. so it bounced all over and i had no control.
so u rekon it aint to big of a damage?
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2002 9:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Hit against gutter Reply with quote

nah not much. not going as hard cos the wheel alignment is out and u probly bent a steering rod thinggy, and u are holding the steering straight and its scrubing the tyre. cant see hiting a gutter causing the engin to fuck up. tell ya mate to stopp pulling his dick. u may have bent the rim maybe?.
happy hunting. tak it to a wheel joint for a wheel alignment and they will tell ya whats bent and whats not. i did a simmalr thing and when in and they told me exactly what need fixing b4 they could do an alignment
gene
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2002 9:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Hit against gutter Reply with quote

next time dont do shit u cant handle n dont say u can do it cos u just said u hit the gutter
TimD
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2002 10:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Hit against gutter Reply with quote

far as the engine not performing to its potential id say your mate is bullshitting. Either hes trying to make you feel guity for pranging his car(lucky its only guilt your feeling n not a broken jaw) or hes tryign to get you to fork out for engine work.
Leb5tar

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2002 1:06 am    Post subject: Re: Hit against gutter Reply with quote

so any of u guys kno around how much it'll cost to fix?
TimD
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2002 10:42 am    Post subject: Re: Hit against gutter Reply with quote

Its a bit hard to tell when no body actually kows whats wrong with it. Take it to a garage and get a quote on it
Getafix
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2002 10:43 am    Post subject: Re: Hit against gutter Reply with quote

bob-jane t-marts did a 4 wheel alignment for about 40 bucks on my car plus they rotated the tyres for me.. shrug if thats all it is your pretty lucky, try those guys and theyll tell you if theres anything else that needs to be done
macca_loto
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2002 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Hit against gutter Reply with quote

Hey man check the subframe i was about to buy a gemi the other day and it pulled slightly to the left aswell it turns out that once up on the hoist the whole subframe was twisted cos the guy had hit a bank and he thought it was just a wheel alignment that was needed but the whole car was 10mm shorter wheelbase on one side of the car.
Gigfus
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2002 6:47 pm    Post subject: $200 Reply with quote

u can get away with just a wheel alignment for $40 but even with a new control arm the most it will cost is $200
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: