HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

ATTN ALAN

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HONES
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2002 3:56 am    Post subject: ATTN ALAN Reply with quote

You got me shittin myself coz the head is fair good etc.
steam yeh but only when its farken cold.
we tightend the head up with new gaskets using torche wrench and followed instructions in which order to do them up and how tight.

so head is fucked!??????
HONES
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2002 4:13 am    Post subject: Re: ATTN ALAN Reply with quote

and by that i mean warped and un-useable
Mooch
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2002 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: ATTN ALAN Reply with quote

I'd luv to know how a head that was reconditioned 15,000km's ago, put on and removed properly, and never over heated - or got past 1/2 temp - is warped.

Matt didnt you have the head thoroughly checked over by your dads mates head guy? surely they would have checked if it was a ok?

Take it eaz
Mooch
HONES
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2002 3:28 pm    Post subject: Re: ATTN ALAN Reply with quote

Yeh but we done the raditor again, new thermostat again.

We took it up heartbreak hill (hilly and 80 zone) and i pull over when the guage said "DAMN IM HOT" so i turned the car off and the radiator overflow went nuts spewen shit and even squeezing out the cap.
god knows man! how is a piece of metal beating me???!
alan
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2002 7:54 pm    Post subject: Re: ATTN ALAN - do this Reply with quote

Steam out the exhaust only when cold? Thats normal in winter for the condensation in your exhaust, but I would think its coming out all the time. Put something over the exhaust outlet and see if it gets wet.

The bit that twigged was the water jumping out of your rad. The only thing that can cause that is compression from your cylinders. IT is not normal. Go to a good car with a cold engine, take of the rad cap, then start the car. Thermostat or no thermostat, the water will not JUMP out. On your car When your pistons compress, they are forcing compression into he water jacket, thus pressurising the water jacket.

Take your car to a servo leave it there for a few hours, then get a mechanic to observe what happens. I think he will confirm what I have told you.
The question then is, where is the compression leaking out? At the h/gasket is where (99% of the time.)
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2002 1:24 am    Post subject: Re: ATTN ALAN - do this Reply with quote

i have seen the water jump out of radiators before scary shit
i have had some seriuosly bad scolds from this water coming out of the radiator after a thermostat stayed shut.
alan
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2002 10:56 pm    Post subject: Re: try and follow Reply with quote

We are talking about a COLD engine, during the first startup cranks, not hot motors that have overheated. Do try and pay attention.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: