HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

EFi /350 holley manifold 4 gas

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Birko
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2002 4:34 pm    Post subject: EFi /350 holley manifold 4 gas Reply with quote

HEy,
Just wondering what kinda price a rodeo efi manifold fetches? Im putting my gem on gas with a gas reseach sytem and was wondering what manifold to use. Is there a manifold for the geimni that is made for a 350 holley?

Do you need anything else to fit the Rodeo manifold?? Ive heard people say they bolt on but it cant be that simple? can it. Is a TX brake booster reqd. etc.?

cheers.
rob_w
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2002 6:37 pm    Post subject: Re: EFi /350 holley manifold 4 gas Reply with quote

arond $100-200 for the manifold and throttle body. the manifold will fit without mods, but from what i can gather,and from what i have been told, {thanks eggy,fluid}, dont bother with using the efi manifold for lpg, unless it turbo'd.

what i have, and it works fucking well, is a modded standard manifold [ported carby inlet] 32/36 weber plate, and xf falcon carby studs, all holding down a 34 adm weber, with a 9" redline sports air filter, and an internal modified xf falcon gas mixer.

but if your getting a gas research kit, why do you want to know about the holley? just get a GRA gas carby kit, and make or buy an adaptor.....or get a piazza manifold, turbo and crossovers, and stick an impco mixer in front of it Smile

anyways, the weber setup is cheap, and gas is easy to turbo.
hope this helps some....
cheers
rob.
Birko
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2002 8:20 pm    Post subject: Re: EFi /350 holley manifold 4 gas Reply with quote

Thanks rob.
From what ive been told a efi manifold is better for gas as it has more interal volume (as gas is bigger in size this is better for flow). So i figured a Rodeo efi manifold with a GRA mixer mounted where the throttle bodie is would be best. (As i cant see me finding a piazza manifold)

I thought if a 350 holley manifold was made (ie by lynx/redline or something) This would also have better flow then the standard manifold.

Are impco mixers the same kinda design as GRA?????
Ive been quoted $2000 for GRA would impco deliver the same for a lower price.

My engine will be pretty worked and im hoping on about 150-160 hp. I think ive ask this before but what kinda power are you making?

Do you think the standard manifold would have enough flow to be able to produce ~150hp.? Cause if so then this is definatley the easier option.

I kinda need to decide on a maniflod cause you tell GRA what you are putting it on (ie i would say a rodeo manifold) and they make up all the brackets etc.
cheers Ross.
ps if there are to many questions email me at holdenmonaro@hotmail.com if easier.
mikcarter
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2002 11:48 pm    Post subject: Re: EFi /350 holley manifold 4 gas Reply with quote

i have a 350 holley and adaptor plater manifold for sale so let me know if u want it
GasGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2002 11:37 am    Post subject: Re: EFi /350 holley manifold 4 gas Reply with quote

Bisriko,

OK, I have a GRA 350 CFM bolted to the front of the Piazza ECGI Manifold,
what was involved:

Making an adaptor plate and getting most on the holes filled, eg: EGR, leave the injectors in, it's much cheaper than filling these holes,

you need to convert the Manifold twin butterfly setup, to a single large butterfly, also the GRA is a square bolt pattern and the manifold is rectangular,

I got a block of Aluminium and took it with the manifold and the GRA carbi to an engineering joint and got them to machine the centre out of the block then drill and tap 2 hols for the GRA, and while the were at it the filled all the little holes that were not needed,
cannot really see it well,

http://www.hotgemini.com/cgi-bin/gallery2.cgi?action=sc&vid=235&car=1

cheers
Eggy
Stock TE
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2002 5:24 pm    Post subject: Re: EFi /350 holley manifold 4 gas Reply with quote

"Do you think the standard manifold would have enough flow to be able to produce ~150hp.? Cause if so then this is definatley the easier option."
I was reading old Fast fours a while ago and a ported inlet manifold/head flowed over 200hp with a modded Nikki carby
GasGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2002 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: EFi /350 holley manifold 4 gas Reply with quote

I think that the stock manifold may be ok for your applcation in NA form, but LPG likes a large plentum, but no real problem,

you should be fine,

Cheers
Eggy
Birko
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2002 1:23 am    Post subject: Re: EFi /350 holley manifold 4 gas Reply with quote

Yer i might just try the standard manifold, and match port it,clean up the insides, then see if there is any restrictions on the dyno. If so i could switch to the efi one.
Thanks
PS is there any difference in the gemini manifolds? ie are any of them better for flow?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: