HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Lowered TX springs - not avaliable WTF!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gold TX Sleeper
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2002 4:55 pm    Post subject: Lowered TX springs - not avaliable WTF!! Reply with quote

G'day all, I went shopping yesterday for a set of new 2" lowered springs for my 4 door TX. Logically i thought that i'd be driving home with them in the back seat within a couple of hours, BUT! Everytime i approached a company about them, they told me that lowered springs aren't avaliable for my model - only replacements??? WTF!!
So i went to the biggest spring place here on the Gold Coast - King Springs. Same deal again "Sorry mate, we don't have lowered TX springs." Now i know that there are alot of lowered TX sedans running around, but surely not all of them have chopped springs.
Can anyone point me in the right direction for lowered stiffer springs ?
P.S Cutting the springs is not an option FULLSTOP.
P.S.S Yes, i did a search here but after the 147th post of useless dribble i decided to ask.
Cheers,
Jasyn...
maDGeMvAN
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2002 5:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Lowered TX springs - not avaliable WTF!! Reply with quote

King springs should have lowered TX springs. They are in the catalogue. They are only 35mm lowered by memory. These are the unofficial "superlows" for the the later models as they don't officially make superlows for gemini's. If you use later model control arms it will lower your TX more than 35mm, more like 2 inches. Standard TX (front) springs are shorter than TC-TG springs. So when getting lowered springs for a later model gem, get TX springs.

Cya.
Keith
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2002 9:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Lowered TX springs - not avaliable WTF!! Reply with quote

These part No. are directly out of the King Springs catalogue for a TX.

Front - KHFL-06
Rear - KHRL-07
Sparrow
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2002 9:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Lowered TX springs - not avaliable WTF!! Reply with quote

yeah...

i got Pedders lowered springs for my TX and they were about 2 1/2 inches by memory about 12 months ago ...

ordered them through Coventry Auto Parts (deal to mazda and other places in Brisbane) ... were $120 the pair ... other gem models were only $100 for the pair ...
Gold TX Sleeper
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2002 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Lowered TX springs - Info Reply with quote

Thnx for the info guys, the bloke i talked to at King's mustn't have been in the mood to elaborate on the type of springs avaliable. All he wanted to tell me was that they only had direct replacements.
maDGeMvAN - If i fit the TD-TG Control arms + 35mm lowered springs, am i going to end up with floorpan scraping lowness. I'd like it to look neat, not overly done. I should have mentioned that i am eventually fitting 15inch rims as well.
Sparrow - I'll be fitting the Pedders shortened shocks with the springs from Kings. But just out of curiosity, Has the set-up on your Gem kept it's firmness ? I have mates that bad-mouth Pedders springs yet i haven't seen them use them. So i'd like to know from someone who has.
Keith - thnx for the part No.'s
Cheers,
Jasyn...
Biggest of Plans
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2002 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Lowered TX springs - Info Reply with quote

Helps me too! thanks guyssss
alan
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2002 8:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Lowered TX springs - Info Reply with quote

Most capitals have spring works than can make you anything you want. In Brisbane, Donaldson Spring works have done some for me.
maDGeMvAN
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2002 9:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Lowered TX springs - Info Reply with quote

I haven't done it myself, but someone told me from kingsprings that if I fitted the 35mm TX lowered springs to my TD it would be approximately 50mm lower than standard. That means that Td-Tg control arms would probably drop about an inch off the ride height in your TX.

Also, if you look in the "Race Gemini's" gallery there is a blue TX rally car and the guy says that he fitted Te control arms with his standard springs and it lowered the car. The only problem was that he didn't want to lower it so he had to fit TX control arms again.

Cheers.
fright
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2002 3:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Lowered TX springs - Info Reply with quote

Have you tried contacting Whiteline? In their 2002 springs catalogue, they list part numbers for low and super-low springs for tc-tg + tx sedan/coupe:

low front: 78614
low rear: 79606
super-low front: 78613
super-low rear: 70062

http://www.whiteline.com.au/

I havn't bought springs for my gem through them, but I'm considering it depending on my tax return Smile

FRiGHT
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: