HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

WEEKEND $500 paint job

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr bayce
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 9:42 pm    Post subject: WEEKEND $500 paint job Reply with quote

All you people said i couldnt do it! Very Happy screw $3000 i painted my gem canary yellow on the weekend (acryllic with clear coat) and it only cost $250 for 3 leters of yellow, 4 leters of clear and 8 leters of thinners! It was easy to paint and it looks sweet! Ive still got to cut and polish it but yeah, if your concidering doing it yourself, do it Very Happy

PS Canary gem = SilvaGem and Undercoat_gem ((if you dont remember me))
redgem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 10:05 pm    Post subject: Re: WEEKEND $500 paint job Reply with quote

cool, when it comes time to paint my gem i'll do it myself
PhooL
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 11:03 pm    Post subject: Re: WEEKEND $500 paint job Reply with quote

i need to paint my TD Sad
I think im up to the preperation of the paint, like the undercoat and stuff but i think it would look shit if i did it myself the top coats Smile

lol i havnt even decided what colour either? suggestions? Black with tinted windows Smile
TG 1985
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 11:15 pm    Post subject: Re: WEEKEND $500 paint job Reply with quote

i got mine done for $300, plus paints, + pereration
BADGEM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 11:57 pm    Post subject: Re: WEEKEND $500 paint job Reply with quote

fuck not bad send some photo's
I just sprayed mine canary yellow!
2pack oven
yeh cost me a packet as well.
First car so i wanted it special.
$1500up and back towing + all the extra shit to spray it

still havent finished the car 2 yrs in august!
nearly there.
I'll sned U some of mine as well, havent cut and polished yet.
email me bro joeysgem@hotmail.com
alan
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2002 1:12 am    Post subject: Re: crap Reply with quote

We didnt all say you couldnt do it! said you need to take care in some ways. Anyway, "he who dares wins". If your preparation is good, dont matter how peeled you topcoats are when you spray, just keep rubbing back till its smooth.
Mr bayce
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2002 8:08 pm    Post subject: Re: WEEKEND $500 paint job (Phool) Reply with quote

Nah the preperation is the more difficult, time consuming part of it all. Thats if you are going to go acrillic ;D
I dont have any photos (no digital camera or scanner) but when i work something out ill post the photos in the gallery
Smile
hardcoregemfreak
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2002 2:24 pm    Post subject: Re: WEEKEND $500 paint job Reply with quote

HA HA HA, as if u would paint ur car in acrylic! as if. oh yea dude i prefer my paint in mls n LITERS looser, i painted my gem in just over about $600 and that was for a decent 2pac, there would beno fuckin way in hell id paint shit in acrylic, n did u prep ur car? cause that would cost oo dude,sand paper n presol, tack cloth and strainers at least dude, or were u really fuckin stupid n didn't use ne of these? when i painted mine it cost over $700 with all that shit mabey a bit more, and i did it my self so no of it was labour either.
Mooch
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2002 4:12 pm    Post subject: mmmm, thats great Reply with quote

half you guys wouldnt know a decent paint job if it had a sign saying "decent paint job". come back when you can put something to your name fellas.
Mr bayce
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2002 9:21 pm    Post subject: Re: COCKHEAD (hardcore) Reply with quote

as the subject sais, You are a cockhead mate! grow up!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: