HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

HELP -ANYBODY and EVERYBODY

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
redgem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 7:45 pm    Post subject: HELP -ANYBODY and EVERYBODY Reply with quote

put ur brains together to help figure out whats wrong with my gem...
i replaced the regulator from another gem at pick n payless, it looked newer than the other chunky ones, i get home swap the regulator and jump start the gem and its fine...idles fine... perfect, i take it for a drive(with the headlights on) from my g/fs... like 2 mins to my house, let it idle for about 5-10mins and then go back to my g/f's i'm about half way and the same problem comes back again,

the gem can't idle it just conks out. the master warning light is lit up, it runs really really rough and yeah i can't figure out whats wrong, what could be wrong with the master warning light shining??? obviously the gem knows there is something wrong but i have no idea, i have to rev it to keep it runing and the master warning is lit while the engine is runin....
aaaarrrrggggghhhhhh whats wrong?????

HELP
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 8:20 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP -ANYBODY and EVERYBODY Reply with quote

what model gem do you have? I assume RB? I haven't seen a master warning light on pre-efi cars.
redgem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 8:52 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP -ANYBODY and EVERYBODY Reply with quote

its a 1983 TG gemini. the master warning light is the big rectangle one at the bottom ot the speedo and clock in the middle of them
little red wagon
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 9:16 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP -ANYBODY and EVERYBODY Reply with quote

evrybody has said the most likely cause but it doesnt seam that you are listerning i said that the same thing happened to my gem bout 3 weeks ago
Mr bayce
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 9:18 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP -ANYBODY and EVERYBODY Reply with quote

The master warnig light only means that either your handbreak is on, your brake booster is fucked or you are getting no current from your altinator, The master warning light only comes on when one of the other lights on the left are on.
redgem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: little red wagon Reply with quote

yeah but it got more probs than just not starting coz it's flat,i can start it just not idle, i don't wanna just replace the brushes, i wanna rec o the whole thing...and... it didn't happen gradually, all of a sudden the thing died, it was running perfect one night and crap the next...
and alan said that the charge light is on ??? it's my master warning light not the battery light thing, was ur car runin rough, the nrma guy said that it could be my regulator and i swapped that and it ran fine for a while,....
so did all u do was replace the brushes, did u have anyother probs, did u have to get any other parts like the regulator???
redgem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 9:38 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP -ANYBODY and EVERYBODY Reply with quote

then mine aint working coz i only see flashes of the park light sometimes
how can i fix that?????
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 11:06 pm    Post subject: BEN! Reply with quote

r u sure u drive a gemini?? every gemini has a master warning light!!!!!! in the middle bottom of the cluster.
what u been smoking?
gene
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 11:21 pm    Post subject: Re: BEN! Reply with quote

LOL
TG 1985
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 11:31 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP -ANYBODY and EVERYBODY Reply with quote

yea, i thougt my gem was fucked, the master lite was always on, like it had some electrical problem or somfin, i was going 2 get electrician 2 have a look, but it ended up being my handbrake warning thing.
alan
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2002 1:31 am    Post subject: Re: one thing u need to understand Reply with quote

the master light is never on by itself, OK? It acts as a signal to you if any of your idiot lights come on. IT means when it comes on, one of your other idiot lights should be on. IF you dont see another idiot light on, theres the first problem you need to fix - find the broken idiot light.
Then let us know how you go.
LOERYDA
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2002 3:17 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP -ANYBODY and EVERYBODY Reply with quote

I had the same problem with my tg( the idling,master warning). All i did was get a othere alternator from the wreckers($33) and messed around with the carby and now it runs fine.

Json
little red wagon
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2002 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: little red wagon Reply with quote

when it happened the charge warning lite came on for bout 1 min then the hole car died
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2002 9:19 pm    Post subject: Re: BEN! Reply with quote

I only drive steel geminis, not these plastic TF's and TG's

In my dashes, there is no master warning light. Only oil, ignition, park brake, and brake fail, and the normal indicators, high beam, rear demister, etc. There is no 'master warning light', hence my confusion. Obviously you boys know about it, so I will leave you to it.

Ben Wight
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: