HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

TD Motors?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PhooL
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 4:20 pm    Post subject: TD Motors? Reply with quote

Hi, I have a TD stationwagon and was looking to get a fast motor, i would like a turbo but do just fuel injected motors go pretty hard in the gemi's? I have about $2000 to spend on a motor but would ideally love to spend only half that. What would be the best value for money motor in terms of performance?
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 4:39 pm    Post subject: Re: TD Motors? Reply with quote

rodeo efi engin 2.4 would be a cheep fast up grade, bolt in coversion pritty much. (see work shop.
pizza turbo bolts straight in (need a hammer to the fire wall tho, ony a little)
or a fj20det engin will cost ya about $1600 and would be very quick even as its stock. but u will need custom mounts and some other shit.
gene
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: TD Motors? Reply with quote

and where would i get the piazza from? in in melb.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: TD Motors? Reply with quote

wwreckers if ya lucky. ring a jap improters they will have em.
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 6:08 pm    Post subject: Re: TD Motors? Reply with quote

how many kilowatts are we taling with the motors you said? Roughly Smile
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: TD Motors? Reply with quote

rodeo i wouldnt know, around 100 i would think
piazza turbo iv been told 120kw stock?? not positive someone in here would know.
fj20det stock is 146kw.
gene
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2002 1:24 am    Post subject: Re: careful, the Gene ious is on the case Reply with quote

Piazza motor is approx 115 KW stock. Easy to get to 150 kw with an aftermarket computer.

As for it being a bolt in swap, thats crap. You do not need to hammer the firewall either. Careful when you take advice from the Gene ious, he's been told all this before, and he still doesnt listen.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2002 3:55 pm    Post subject: Re: careful, the Gene ious is on the case Reply with quote

it is a bolt in swap and u do need to hammer the fire wall dick. iv done it b4!
u do it then tell me,
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2002 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: careful, the Gene ious is on the case Reply with quote

so yeah.... um fuck!
alan
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2002 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: careful, the Gene ious is on the case Reply with quote

How stupid can one person be?
The fact that you need to hammer the firewall, shows that you havent placed the engine properly. thus, it is not a bolt in.
What dont you understand, or do you fail to understand English properly, as well as fail to write it properly?

Only some half wit backyard mechanic with his K Mart toolkit would do it your way.
I have done it, the PROPER WAY, and I AM telling you. but as usual, nothing sinks in. Thickhead.
alan
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2002 7:46 pm    Post subject: Re: careful, the Gene ious is on the case Reply with quote

MEaning?
PhooL
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2002 10:32 pm    Post subject: Re: careful, the Gene ious is on the case Reply with quote

once again, SO YEAH... UM FUCK!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: