HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Clunky Diff

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joee joe joe
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2002 1:46 pm    Post subject: Clunky Diff Reply with quote

when i rebuilt my motor i also changed back to the standard diff from the borgwarner lsd because the lsd didnt work it didnt have a bracket for a sway bar and it had the weirdest brakes ever and the hand brake cable didnt fit. anyway when i used to do fast gear changes from 1st to 2nd, it used to cherp but now it just makes this ferrel clunk shit noise no matter how hard i try. sounds like the diffs about to blow up.

does anyone know much about those lsd's if i got it re-built so the lsd worked all the time rather than half the time, could i weld the sway bar brackets onto it. and does anyone know if the brake backing plates would fit off a standard diff would fit onto the lsd. its just that the lsd has shit brakes that lock on one side and it has the wrong handbrake cable.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2002 1:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Clunky Diff Reply with quote

how did u get it to fit? the borg?? shortened? or did it come with the car?
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2002 3:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Clunky Diff Reply with quote

it came in a tx 76 model that i got for $150. that car is weird it looked like it was supposed to be there. different hand brake cable mounts, different engine mounts, it didnt have a place where the sway bar was meant to go on the bottom of the car.and it absolutely floged for a 1600. it had these chrome mud flapps that hung out the side of the car with rubber mud flaps that were attached to them. it had a down draft webber and these 13 inch 5 spokes, oh yeh and the springs were progressivly wound and the radiator mounts are different.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2002 3:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Clunky Diff Reply with quote

interesting
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: