HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

REUBEN

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 2:39 pm    Post subject: REUBEN Reply with quote

WHY U NOT USING THE TWIN CAM FOR YA TURBO??? THE 1600 IS CARBI SO WHATS THE DIFF?? JUST QURIOUS AS IM BUYNG A TWINCAM THIS WEEKEND
GENE
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 6:29 pm    Post subject: Re: REUBEN Reply with quote

Oh, and what happened to your SR20 project Gene? Or was that just another one of your dreams?
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: REUBEN Reply with quote

like i fuckin said! i havent a bottemless wallet!! after talking to some engineers its not worht the money
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: REUBEN Reply with quote

rather buy a 200sx for the amout of money to get a gem on the road with one in it!
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 7:57 pm    Post subject: Re: REUBEN Reply with quote

Glad to see reality is finally staring to bite. I could do an SR20DET EFI install for $5000 all up, doing it all myself except the dyno.
But then, I know all the shortcuts to saving money......he he

Buy a Cordia for that money!
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 8:23 pm    Post subject: Re: REUBEN Reply with quote

i could do it for $5000 too. who couldnt?? i can take it to a shop drive in drive out for $5000. so whats ya point?
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 11:05 pm    Post subject: Re:HEY GENE Reply with quote

It's not worth it after all it is only
a fucking GEMINI

MACCA
alan
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2002 12:22 am    Post subject: Re: REUBEN Reply with quote

The point is you, as the number one poster on this list, still dont have a clue.

motor +g/box delivered from importers $2000
aftermarket efi system $2000
dyno tune $ 300
fuel pump, boost guage, $ 200
custom turbo exhaust $ 500
misc expenses $ ???

Wiring up the stock ECU and harness can cost big money Ive seen people charged $1100 for it, so its not worth it.
Knock off $1000 if you want to do that .

No mention of the labour involved, fabrication, etc which amounts to quite a bit of time and effort. Who couldnt do it for $5000? You, and just about everyone else.
Drive in drive out - I remember that post - what a crock of shit! They wouldnt make any money ! aRe these people your relatives? Who are they? give us the details.

Most people spend a minumum of $8000 when they pay to have all the work done. Ive seen people regularly spend over 10 grand.

You just said in a post today the SR20 was going to cost so much you might as well buy a 200SX? 200 SX's dont go anywhere as low as $5000.

Do you even have a clue Gene?
alan
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2002 12:23 am    Post subject: Re:HEY GENE Reply with quote

Unfortunately, those fucking geminis , as you put it, only weight 900 kgs in some cases, so it most definitely IS worth it.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2002 12:04 pm    Post subject: GROW UP Reply with quote

yeah i have a clue mate, that u are a dick. i will go get the qoute again for your pleasure! and i will scan it and i will put it up on my page and show u wronge u pig fucker
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2002 12:11 pm    Post subject: Re: GROW UP Reply with quote

and i said i would rather buy a 200sx, i didnt say they were $5000 did it. after painting, interior and that on the gemini it will cost clos to $10000, and for a little bit more the 200sx is much more value. i said nothing aout it being $5000. read b4 u write
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2002 1:38 pm    Post subject: breaks?? Reply with quote

tool. nice car, it goes fast... try and fukn stop/turn...
alan
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2002 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Get a brain Reply with quote

You, the person who consistently fails to follow threads properly, gives me advice on reading b4 writing? ha ha
What a tool!
Cmon, lets have the name of this business that does the 5G drive in/out engine swap for an SR20DET? OR did you make that up too?
alan
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2002 7:04 pm    Post subject: Re: breaks?? Reply with quote

we're talking engines, not "breaks". wakey wakey...Did you go to the same school as gene, did you?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: