HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Speaker Kick Panels

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
squigymoo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 6:12 pm    Post subject: Speaker Kick Panels Reply with quote

Hi All,
Does anyone know of a company that sells pre-built front speaker kick panels / boxes to fit into RB Gemini. Or for any other similar car for that matter.

Thanks
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Speaker Kick Panels Reply with quote

slim chance. go to a car sound shop and get em made, that will be the ONLY way. they will cost at least $120 each tho, unles u buy the off the shelf ones that just screw into the door pannels.
gene

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 6:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Speaker Kick Panels Reply with quote

Thats what i thought...
They in the end are simple enough for me to make myself out of fibreglass or something liek that. But if i'm to make soemthing like that and make it a cabinet to get the best possible sound. Only problem with that is I dont know how to work out how big the cabinet needs to be =/
Anyone know how to work it out? There seems to be millions of programs for subwoofers but anything for slits cabinets (so probably only the midrange)???
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Speaker Kick Panels Reply with quote

they dont need to be that big at all, go sus out the pre fab ones at the car soound joint, there pritty small and sound sweet!! i have mad some fiber glass door pods for my coupe, and im about the make a fiberglass sub enclosure. i have NEVER fiverglased in my life and fark it was SO easy!!! just start with a VERY simple 6mm mdf fram (ie the speaker cut out, just a ring of mdf) and the bass and a few props to hold the cut out up in the angle u want and the strech the fiber glass over it and resin it,. give it a go its fuckin easy. take ya time and do small bits at a time let it dry and do a bit more
gene
i miinght do a workshop articl with phones on the topic next weekend.
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 6:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Speaker Kick Panels Reply with quote

photos* befor someone has a go at me again lol

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Speaker Kick Panels Reply with quote

Another question:
Most people who are suing splits and kick plates seem to be mounting the tweater down on the floor too.
If i end up making such a kick plate i want to be taking up as minimal space as possible hence puttin the tweater on the dash.
Is the sound much different or are people jsut doin that so the tweater is more so hidden?
(I want bigger speakers in the car but i dont want to have kick plates so big they give me the shits... specially on the drivers side where there really isnt much gap between current kick panel and accelorator.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Speaker Kick Panels Reply with quote

u want ya splits facing u pritty much right on

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2002 12:07 am    Post subject: Re: Speaker Kick Panels Reply with quote

Dash board whould be hitting u right on...

being on the floor as far as i can see would be making it even harder for the sound to make it to your ears... specially when high range moves straight unlike lower range which requires surfaces to bounce off.
TG 1985
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2002 2:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Speaker Kick Panels Reply with quote

i got pioneer TSA-1655's in each 1 of my doors, no subs, no amps, just running 50w each off the deck. they r 2-way's, and inside the car it sound really sweet, my piont is that they are really low in the doors, and i don't notice no loss in the high range sound.

chris.
sik13b_gemini
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2002 2:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Speaker Kick Panels Reply with quote

autobarn have made up kits called pro pod's they come in diff sizes ring autobarn on 13 24 34
squigymoo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2002 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Speaker Kick Panels Reply with quote

Thanks for your imput dude, but its slitely different coz they are dual cone speakers and i'm reffering to splits allowing me to put the tweater where eva i want. But i see your point so thatnks Smile

I think in the end i'm just gunna have to cut up ma door and use a spacer so the window still works Razz. It seems to much of a hassel to have kick panels as on the drivers side there is little room between the accelorator and existing kick panel
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: