HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Super charger/diff ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
birch
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 5:25 pm    Post subject: Super charger/diff ? Reply with quote

I'm going to super charge my gem the engine is new top to bottom and strengthend will a standard gem diff and tail shaft handle a lot of power or do i need to change it. if so what diff and tailshaft is recommended.
Birko
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Super charger/diff ? Reply with quote

Just use them till they stuff up. Otherwise maybe a shortened borgwarner of a falcon with LSD, But witrh this youll need a 4 link setup. A nine inch? A piazza Diff?A VL centre?

All depends on the $$$$$$$$$.
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 5:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Super charger/diff ? Reply with quote

i would buy another stock diff and tailshaft after the motor is in, coz if they are worn, they will not cope with the stress, my diff fucked out just after i put a beasty motor in, caused by the new load.

thats just my thoughts anyway
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Super charger/diff ? Reply with quote

Yuo do not need to upgradde the tailshaft. It will handle more hp than any Gem in these pages can dish out. the Uni joints may be a different thing.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 6:17 pm    Post subject: what eva.... Reply with quote

ohh. so ur saying that leroy should put his stock tail shaft back in!! HAHAH phat chance LOL
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 6:29 pm    Post subject: Re: what eva.... Reply with quote

yeah i also heard torque tubes let go to
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: what eva.... Reply with quote

i hat fuckin tourqu tubes, fiddley cunts to replace!!
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: what eva....who's eva, your Greek g/friend? Reply with quote

Do you even have a clue? Do yuo even know what a tailshaft is? Have a look at the amount of steel in a tailshaft. 500 hp wouldnt break it.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 8:21 pm    Post subject: Re: what eva....who's eva, your Greek g/friend? Reply with quote

yeah thats right mate. what every u think, funny that! my 100hp gemini brock one, dick. just cos its "steel" dont mean the uni joint wont brake ..eerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
and dont ya uni joints arent the tail shaft now are they.
cos they are part of it so they are.
gene
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 11:43 pm    Post subject: Re: what eva....who's eva, your Greek g/friend? Reply with quote

u seen the size of the steel in side the torque tube too?

it doesnt take m,uch to bend it so breaking it anit that hard either

If only leroy was here
alan
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2002 12:03 am    Post subject: Re: what eva....who's eva, your Greek g/friend? Reply with quote

And what did I sasy in my previous post about uni joint? again, you've proven what a fucking idiot you are. Can you even follow a thread, you twit?
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2002 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: what eva....who's eva, your Greek g/friend? Reply with quote

the uni joint is the tail shaft, its part of it so its gonna brake.
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2002 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: what eva....who's eva, your Greek g/friend? Reply with quote

eva's a chick that works at hungry jacks in lismore we ask her if she was a relo of eve but she didn't answer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: