HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Who needs brakes anyway?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Poida
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a point behind that last post of yours Gene? All I can see is a feeble attempt to ridicule me (once again).

The main reason I post in that manner is because it annoys the fuck out of you.
(It's just the internet, get over it!)

(The views I present are my own and NOT necessarily of the administrators or other members of this site.)
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poida wrote:
Is there a point behind that last post of yours Gene? All I can see is a feeble attempt to ridicule me (once again).

lol.. how does it anoy me? i dont give a rats ass.. i just skip your posts... i just whinge about it cos i know it pushs you closer to mid life crises number 13
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops sorry. I forgot to add the quotation tags.

Gene FJ20DET wrote:

So I was right after all. Your sole aim is just to stir up trouble.
Gene FJ20DET wrote:
lol.. how does it anoy me? i dont give a rats ass.. i just skip your posts... i just whinge about it cos i know it pushs you closer to mid life crises number 13

If you didn't care a hoot you wouldn't bother trying to stir up trouble at all would you? Face it Gene, you just like annoying people.

I left you alone Gene, how about trying to do the same for me. Every communication from you to me has been by public post. Not once have you posted by PM or by MSN even when I posted to you in those formats. I was either ignored or the answer was by means of some public comment designed to antagonise things further.

You have a PM Gene.

If you wish to discuss anything else with me (now or in the future) keep it in the PM format please. I won't accept any more comments from you about me being posted in public.

(The views I present are my own and NOT necessarily of the administrators or other members of this site.)
ozzie

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poida wrote:
Hones, why does it bother you mate? Is there something wrong with commenting about an article I read if it didn't originate on this site?

Remember that all I was doing was posting my own thoughts about what I read, not telling them how to fix their brakes. My opinion is not welcome on that particular site (as you are well aware) so I won't offer them advice directly.

I'd be more than willing to guide these people if they came to me with a problem but unfortunately I don't think they see it as a problem. That's the scarey part. I don't see you offering them advice when you know they are playing with a primary safety component that could potentially lead to a serious accident. In fact other that rodeobob hinting at the stupidity of it, no one has pointed the danger of the situation out.

You are more than welcome to direct them my way if you think it might help.

thats your opinion
my is its not my car nor am i driving that car so i dont give a rats ass what they do to it.
i personaly never touch brakes on cars because it not worth me making one little mistake and killing someone.
but hey if they want to live with someones elses death on there mind for the rest of there life thats fine with me.
Poida
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not quite sure what you meant about the 'my opinion' comment ozzie...??

In that case it's simple. The persons making the initial two posts don't see that the omitting of a spring is a possible problem.

I agree with your other comments. No way should a perons without experience in brakes be repairing their brakes without the supervision of another person who has experience and understanding of how brakes work. brakes may look easy enough but there are a number of complonents and if not correctly saaembled who knows what could go wrong. In that case they shouldn't have been repairing their own brakes.

If I might also add that another popular topic on brakes is the replacing of standard brakes with combinations sourced form other vehicles. Mant times people have told how they used part A of one car, part B of another anbd a combination of part C mixed with part D for the master cylinder/booster combo. Well that's fine but in most states ( I know it is in Vic and NSW) any alterations to brake systems where non factory spec components are used, you have to have the brakes inspected and certified by an authorise engineer. That includes a partial kit (like a Commodore front brake conversion from Hoppers Stoppers) because even though it is made to a standard, the manufacture of teh kit to a standard is not the same as the fitting to a standard. There needs to be a check to be sure teh kit is compatible with the rest of the system already in the car as well as on workmanship.

I'm not at all against people modifying their car but I see the need to check for quality and for suitability especially on something as important as brakes.

Quite a few things I've seen said on OzGemini can be seen as careless or confusing if you view them from the perspective of someone who knows the answers.

fieldeffect

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously if some goon services the brakes on his gemini and stuffs it up and kills somone...

Then it only paves the way for more rediculous idiotproofing legistlation.

history has proven that if some knob head stuffs up and injures or kills somone ... no-one says "oh he was just a fucktard... not much we can do about fucktards"

They will say "no... its the car manufacturers fault for making the disk drums accessable to the operator...."

- its only going to cock things up for the rest of us - and it will be like 240V wiring in your house where you have to pay out your ringgear for a sparky to do some retarded simple job you could have planned and done yourself in 5 mins.

But on the other hand... there is little we can do to stop this stuff happening. Geminis will always have dodgy people trying to do dodgy stuff on them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: