HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

hotmail.com problems

View previous topic :: View next topic  
joe
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:33 pm    Post subject: hotmail.com problems Reply with quote

[Update]: I think I've manged to fix this, it's working for my @msn.com address now, I'm waiting to get confirmation from other users

Hotmail.com and msn.com email addresses do not work on hotgemini.com

Everyone that's not receiving their signup confirmation or password emails has a hotmail.com or msn.com email address. I've done some testing and it's looking like hotmail is silently blocking all email from hotgemini.com, I don't get bounce backs and it's not going to spam folders either.

I'm working through http://postmaster.hotmail.com/ and trying to work out how to implement SPF records at http://www.microsoft.com/mscorp/safety/content/technologies/senderid/wizard/ anyone had any success with this?

In the meantime all non hotmail / msn email addresses seem to work fine. If you've already used hotmail and are waiting on an email PM me and I'll enable your account

Joe

[edit] ok, well der, you can't PM if you can't log in. Contact me via the contact form instead

Last edited by joe on Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
joe
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I've got this fixed, I still don't really get it though. Bottom line is all you hotmail lovers should be getting hotgemini email now.

I was looking at email headers and for some reason email was showing as coming from a server called yavin.phpbb.com. In phpBB setup I had to check "do not use local mail service to send email" and then in the place where you put the alternate email server I just put in the local mail service address, now it's working. Question Question
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: