HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

computer question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2002 9:16 pm    Post subject: computer question Reply with quote

woudl a wolf2d run a turbo?
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2002 10:20 pm    Post subject: Re: computer question Reply with quote

a Wolf with 4 good legs will usually run.
CuGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2002 11:18 pm    Post subject: Re: computer question Reply with quote

So, um alan... is it your turn to have the dickhead helmet on tonight? ;o) you're a natural! have you done this kind of work before?
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2002 12:55 am    Post subject: Re: computer question Reply with quote

Yes, it does boost mapping for fuel, but no ignition.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2002 10:55 am    Post subject: Re: computer question Reply with quote

so does that mean i need to buy something fo rit to run the turbo or do i need a whole new computer?
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2002 3:53 pm    Post subject: Re: computer question Reply with quote

I'll glady wear the dickhead helmet anytime, and wear it with pride, especially when dealing with Gene.

As for you, Mr CumGem , see my post to your other question about displacement - you got some explaining to do, boyo! Wink
Cheers

PS done this work b4??? All my life, bucko!
CuGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2002 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: computer question Reply with quote

I ain't got nothin to explain. I'm not a mechanic and never have I professed to be one. you must have imagined it because of all the *superb* answers I give hehehe ;o)

PS. I like that you're honest enough to admit you've been wearing the dickhead helmet all your life, Bucko. or did you think I was referring to mechanical shit? ;o) *winks* ;o)
sik13b_gemini
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2002 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: computer question Reply with quote

go a motech ems man maps ignition,fuel,boost,temp's
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2002 9:20 pm    Post subject: Re: computer question Reply with quote

Sorry Gene, let me explain it more simply.

It will control fuel injectors, it has an inbuilt pressure sensor (MAP) that will work for up to 22psi of boost I think. You program your fuel versus engine load (ie, vacuum to boost as read by the MAP sensor).

It takes a signal from the coil to get the rpm of the engine, but it does not control an ignitor to fire a coil, you still have to use your points or electronic dizzy for that.

So the downside is, you cannot program your ignition, only your fuel. Hence, 2D and not 3D.

Ben Wight
Woz
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2002 10:58 pm    Post subject: Re: computer question Reply with quote

hahaha!! fucking pisser- thats the funniest thing i read all day Smile

woz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: