HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

WINDOW PROBLEMS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2002 9:03 pm    Post subject: WINDOW PROBLEMS Reply with quote

how u get a wind screen out?? last time i did it i lyed on the seet and pused it out with my feet. any better sugestions???
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2002 9:20 pm    Post subject: Re: WINDOW PROBLEMS Reply with quote

pull the expander strip out, then use a butterknife to work your way around it, the wack it with an open palm and a rag, start in the corner.
cheers
kizza
alan
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2002 10:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Hey gene Reply with quote

Is this the bit where is say "Use ya hands!!!!"?? Deerrrrrr
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2002 10:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Hey gene Reply with quote

lol, no ya feet
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2002 1:16 am    Post subject: Re: Hey gene Reply with quote

just use your feet and u need your hands or else u will fall over when your pushing
TimD
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2002 8:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Hey gene Reply with quote

I did my rear window today. No one aorudn to help so i did it myself. Took every bit of 2 minutes. Pull the chrome strip out, get a knife and push it right through behind the seal until it pops through the other side. Start and one corner and work around until it 'cracks' the seal. Then at one corner, put hte knife in again, and reach in with your other hand and push out as you gently 'pry' it out with the knife. Once youve got one corner it you can just peel the whole screen out....carefully. With 2 people tho, the foot methos is the best in my opinion, one can put pressure on with their feet, the other can work teh knife and hold the glass.
ByteMe22
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2002 8:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Hey gene Reply with quote

it's amazing what you can do with the right tools and a bit of practice... I took my car in for a new windscreen parked the car where they wanted it and walked away... get to the door and look back and they were carrying my screen to the bin in one piece!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: