HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Cordia Seats

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2002 4:00 am    Post subject: Cordia Seats Reply with quote

I got a set of coria turbo seats for my td wagon. Look ok.

The problem is the rails are way bigger so I'm gonna have to fabricate front and rear mounts.

Has anyone done this before ? Anyone know the best way to go about it ? I've got a rough idea of a way to do it but just wondering if anyone knows a better way ?

Cheers
Pete
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2002 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Cordia Seats Reply with quote

just go plates to the seats, where the original rails bolted. then bolt the gem rails to those same plates, that way you can move it closer/fruther away from the middle of the car depending on what you want. understand? its fukn hard to explain without drawings!
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2002 5:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Cordia Seats Reply with quote

You mean remove the cordia rails from their seats and bolt on the old gem ones.

I thought of this originally but doesn't that mean that you loose the functionality of the tilt adjustment on the seat, cos thats all one piece along with the rails (im pretty sure).

Anyway, I kinda understand what you mean, I'll look into this a bit once I get home.

Cheers.
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2002 5:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Cordia Seats Reply with quote

Ah ok, figured out how to do it. The rail and back rest adjustment are bolted together with hex bolts. Bit hard to get into to get them off tho.

Once that was done I had to get a piece of 50mm equal angle bracket and bolt that to the bottom of the seat and into the backrest adjuster, using all the existing holes and new high tensile bolts.

Then its just a matter of running some flat 100mm steel across (bolting to the existing holes) the seat and botling the gemini rails to that. That way it is solid as a rock and safe.

Just thought I'd let people know how I did it incase someone has the same prob later on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: