HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

MONEY TO PRACTICALITY???
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2002 8:52 pm    Post subject: MONEY TO PRACTICALITY??? Reply with quote

ok im stuck in a corner with my coupe. this is the problem.
i want a gem that will run a low 13 second pass, i want a twin cam and turbo.
for the money and the value of practicality (i want it to be reliable daily driven car)
should i go a g200 twincam efi turbo, fj20DET or sr20DET???
the sr would be the most reliable but alot of $$$ to buy and fix when i fuck it. where as the g200 is cheeper to buy and fix. and the fj sits in the middle.
it words of insurence engineering and fabrication the nissan engins are more where as the g200 will slip right in.
whats everybodys opinions?? remember i dont really want a car that runs a 10 second pass hahah, i am more than happy with a low 13
cheers sorry about the bullshit
GENE
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2002 9:59 pm    Post subject: Re: MONEY TO PRACTICALITY??? Reply with quote

Hey Gene,

If your primary concern is reliability, I dont see how an isuzu twin cam engine is any less reliable than the others. From what I have read, the SR is probably designed with greater overall strucural integrity, but as you said, you are not pushing for 10's, only 13's, which any engine should handle comfortably.

I guess you should go with whats easiest, as they will all do what you want without pushing them too hard at all. Basically any turbo engine in a gem should do 13's no sweat, from a full house SR engine, to a 'backyard' 1600 with little turbo and SU carb.

Ben Wight
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2002 10:03 pm    Post subject: Re: MONEY TO PRACTICALITY??? Reply with quote

cool i was hoping u were to be the one to answer this one for me. heheh. so u recon the g200 would be good enuff with out dieing once aweek?
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2002 11:11 pm    Post subject: Re: MONEY TO PRACTICALITY??? Reply with quote

I wouldn't even go to the bother of a twin cam engine, as I said earlier, even a turbo 1600 will do a 13. I have a g200 SOHC that will do a 12.

Unless you want to put a twin cam badge on or something.
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2002 11:12 pm    Post subject: Re: MONEY TO PRACTICALITY??? Reply with quote

And also, the motor should not die unless it isn't tuned properly. If the boost isn't overdone, and the fuel is kept up to the engine, then it should last the same amount of time as a stock 1600.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2002 11:20 pm    Post subject: Re: MONEY TO PRACTICALITY??? Reply with quote

twincam........ looks beter in the engin bay, hehe looks fuller, lol
gene
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2002 11:20 pm    Post subject: Re: MONEY TO PRACTICALITY??? Reply with quote

the twin cams are pretty reliable engines, mines lasted 20 years no dramas, a guy in the isuzu car club has a race twin cam engine in his bellet that he put in 20 years ago and it still runs

one of the guys in the sydney car club has a ZZ/Z with a G200W twincam in it that he dropped in

running a t4 turbo i think and it does 12's

was a pretty good engiune build apparently but it was nothing too crazy or expensive one of the shits of doing it is space. Those the twin cam motors are pretty fat and to fit the turbo in you will need to move the temperature sender and all that shit forward or backward (actually relocate it) but it shouldnt be too hard if you can put a motor together.

goodluck
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2002 11:24 pm    Post subject: Re: MONEY TO PRACTICALITY??? Reply with quote

yeah im not that retarded!! hahaha
what u mean move the heated and shit exactly?
gene
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2002 1:01 am    Post subject: Re: HONEY TO SPASTICALITY??? Reply with quote

Afer examining all your posts here, one can only wonder what is going on in your head. You espouse the wonderful nature of certain engines, the SR20, the FJ20, and give other people advice on what engines to put in their car, yet you still dont know what you want to put in yours. IS this a joke, or what?
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2002 3:34 am    Post subject: Re: MONEY TO PRACTICALITY??? Reply with quote

I've got a g200 twin cam in my gem too and its a pretty quick motor.

I'm just guessing but with some engine mods the g200 twin cam (N/A) could probably get you running 13s.

Mine is stock with extractors and EFI and its a very quick engine. The bonus is it all bolts in.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2002 11:56 am    Post subject: Re: MONEY TO PRACTICALITY??? Reply with quote

have u run it down the 1/4??
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2002 12:01 pm    Post subject: ALAN!!!!!!! Reply with quote

no, cos cunt come on her with there bottemless wallet and there money tree, and ask what engin, obviously if u have the money u would put in the beter of the 3 ie the sr. im not loaded like alot of the dreamers in her so i cant aford to fix in import engin like the dr20 everytime i fuck it! im sorry im not loaded please forgive me and i grovel at your feet your honer/know it all!
dick head
gene
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2002 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: ALAN!!!!!!! Reply with quote

spelling (SR20)

and......... i dont see you haveing a spit fag at everyone eles for giving advise about what they dont have.
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2002 12:57 pm    Post subject: Re: ALAN!!!!!!! Reply with quote

GO GENE!!!!!!
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2002 1:56 pm    Post subject: Re: ALAN!!!!!!! Reply with quote

WELL ITS TRUE
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: