HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Rick Ludgate Convertable

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Biggest of Plans
rice boy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2002 4:43 pm    Post subject: Rick Ludgate Convertable Reply with quote

I am just wondering if people have seen his Coupe convertable in the modified section.

I would love to do that and I don't mean to be silly but I would like to do that and can afford it.

What is involved? Do You have to pass it through to make it Legal? how much would it cost?

Can anyone give me the basic or lengthy Lowdown???
Please I am real interested.

Doc
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2002 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Rick Ludgate Convertable Reply with quote

not an expert but, with any top chop youd need to make sure theres a heap of reinforcing to make up for the loss of structural integrity id say...
spud
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2002 1:04 am    Post subject: Re: Rick Ludgate Convertable Reply with quote

and it has to get tortional rigidity tests. they cost bucket loads
spud
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2002 1:09 am    Post subject: Re: Rick Ludgate Convertable Reply with quote

just had a look at hios pics. it isnt convertible it is cabrio top i think it is called. heaps cheaper thena convertible. you are in bris arent you doc? call kcf rally sport and ask them about it. they are normaly very helpful
Mooch
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2002 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Rick Ludgate Convertable Reply with quote

had to get mine engineered for the rear window pillar removal. they did torsional rigidity testing and calcs and it set me back 700 or so all up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: