HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

HQ Springs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cuz
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2002 6:03 pm    Post subject: HQ Springs Reply with quote

I've been looking throught previous posts, and i'm looking to get some HQ springs for the rear as mine are way too low and bottom out all the time, thing is that i've looked at the HQ rear ones and there is no way they would fit in the back of a gem. So, what are we talking, the front springs off a HQ for the rear of a gem then? Also, what other springs will fit and have the same effect? I heard about VN and Cortina springs? I'm gonna be chopping them so what would be the best?
little red wagon
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2002 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: HQ Springs Reply with quote

i heard datto springs fit too
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2002 7:09 pm    Post subject: Re: HQ Springs Reply with quote

iv had HQ rears in the rear of mine, vl rears in the rear of my mates and nv rears in the rear again
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2002 7:37 pm    Post subject: Re: HQ Springs Reply with quote

ok, then how did u get them to fit, any mods? To me they look like their diamter is way too wide to fit over the thing the tops of the gem springs fit over. I did see that the top of the HQ spring was rolled in a lot, therefore making the diameter less. Is it the same at the bottom too?

If so, should i just get one, chop in half and put the smaller diametered sections at the top so they fit right?

How low will it be if i cut one in half? At the moment, i got camira's and 195/85's and it is well over the tyres. I don't want it to be too low and bottom out all the time again.
Gemini Driving Yobbo
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2002 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: HQ Springs Reply with quote

ive got HQ's there awsome for not bottoming out and falling out but there as hard as a bitch. but thats the price u pay for lowness. Ive alos got VK rears in my front and there perfect. if u cut the right amount of they are bascially like the standard springs.
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2002 8:17 pm    Post subject: Re: HQ Springs Reply with quote

read the old posts about why you shouldn't chop springs
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2002 8:36 pm    Post subject: Re: HQ Springs Reply with quote

if u cut it in half (what we did on my mates, ) it sits on the bumpstops
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2002 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: HQ Springs Reply with quote

no need
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2002 10:39 pm    Post subject: Re: HQ Springs Reply with quote

So, could you tell me exactly how they go in? Do they just fit straight in with the skinny part of the coil at the top?
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2002 11:11 pm    Post subject: Re: HQ Springs Reply with quote

i jsut cut the skinny part of not realising, try it out i guess,
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2002 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: HQ Springs Reply with quote

why no need?
and why are you advocating chopping?
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2002 7:27 pm    Post subject: Re: HQ Springs Reply with quote

people can do as they please
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2002 9:04 pm    Post subject: Re: HQ Springs Reply with quote

man u can get lowered coils at supercheap for cheap $$$ bro but if ur guna chop them id fit vk commo springs and cut them 2= (4 inches of dropage;) ruffly anyway) coils down from the top but it depends what diameter wheels u got u dont wana drop it to the shit house and have the arches rubin on da wheels wen u got sum weight in da car
Gemini Driving Yobbo
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2002 12:25 am    Post subject: Re: HQ Springs Reply with quote

hahha screw taht man drop it on its ass. i had the wheels scraping and ive got 13s on Smile i say its your car so weild your diff,cut your springs, undo your wheel nuts, thrash the hell out of it, undo your engine mounts and say F CK YOU ALL MY CAR IS SAFE STOP CRYING!!!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: