HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Help with fuel Issue!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wasabi
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2002 12:15 pm    Post subject: Help with fuel Issue! Reply with quote

Howdy Smile
My car has a problem Sad Its not pumping fuel from the fuel pump thru to the carbie at all, which means, I aint moving Sad The fuel pump works cause I have tested it and it all works fine and dandy. And I dont have a fuel blockage either as when i tested the fuel pump the fuel came from the tank easy and filled up the filter. So, when the car is running, the pump isnt getting power.
Could it be a fuse? Or a Solenoid? Or something like that???
HELP!!!!!!!!!!

(I am too tight to get a mechanic either, i'll try here first Smile
I have a TE Wagon
Thanks
Andrew
rice boy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2002 3:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Help with fuel Issue! Reply with quote

Is it running at all when the key is in the ON position? If not, then check your fuses (if you havn't done so already). This happened to me once, but i only had 20 minutes to figure it out - i was parked in a 20min spot and an inspector had chalked my tyre.
CuGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2002 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Help with fuel Issue! Reply with quote

I would say your alternator is shot. the fuel pump runs directly off that or should.
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2002 10:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Help with fuel Issue! Reply with quote

There are only two instances when the fuel pump is operating.

1. when the key is in the crank position.
2. when the alternator is spinning.

If its not working when it is supposed to, then maybe the relay is stuffed, is under the dash near the glovebox i think. If all else fails, rig up a switch with permanent power. It will also act as a security device as the car wont run for long with the switch in the off position.

Ben Wight
HONES
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2002 2:54 am    Post subject: Re: Help with fuel Issue! Reply with quote

Is it electronic fuel pump>?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: