HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

fuel cut out switches

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TF Jemini
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 5:15 am    Post subject: fuel cut out switches Reply with quote

what is a fuel cut out switch? what does it do, how does it work and how do you install one?
Kizza
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 3:11 pm    Post subject: Re: fuel cut out switches Reply with quote

basically its a switch that turns the power off for the fuel pump, no power=no fuel=no go
if ya need help installing one send me an email and ill give ya a step by step process. i dont think tgs have a electric fuel pump though so it cannot be done on them.
cheers
kizza1_@hotmail.com
wharfie
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 6:54 pm    Post subject: Re: fuel cut out switches Reply with quote

i thought tgs did have an electric fuel pump, will enquire about that one
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 11:49 pm    Post subject: BLOODY HELL Reply with quote

"""what is a fuel cut out switch? what does it do"""

fuel cut out switch. it tells u waht it does by its name!
deeeeeeeeeeer
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2002 12:17 pm    Post subject: Fuel Pump Cut Out Switch! Reply with quote

Tf and Tg's are the only gemini's that came out with mechanical fuel pumps so u can't put a fuel cut out switch. Unless u install an aftermarket electric fuel pump and then just connect a switch to it to turn it on or off, but i don't see the point of it ur betta off gettin an imobolizer or something like that. Cuz you might forget to turn ya pump on and wonder why your cars not starting. Just my opinion though. I have no idea how the mechanical fuel pump works though don't know if you can disconnect it and hook up an eletric on, or just leave it on and hook the electric on in the boot from the fuel tank.
cheers mate, hope this helps a bit
CuGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2002 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: fuel cut out switches Reply with quote

So I spose you're thinking of something different than the idle stop solenoid on the Nikki of all models that stops the fuel flow to prevent run on?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: