HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

RICE-ricetastic, riceing up a gem, etc... WTF!!!!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
redgem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 12:11 am    Post subject: RICE-ricetastic, riceing up a gem, etc... WTF!!!!! Reply with quote

ok as u all know i want to buy neons for my gem, ppl have been sayin pls don't rice up a gem, but a gem is from rice land anyway-ISN'T it, thats why there is a big ISUZU on the rocker cover... basically what everyone hates about other cars, they will/want to, do on their gems anyway, i only want to get neons coz they look good, they r cheap(160) for 48in ones, and what else am i goin to spend 160 on to make it go faster??? if i could make it go faster with 400-500 i would ...but as other ppl r doin i'll do mine in stages, first make it look good and then spend the money on the engine... i already got most of the asthetics done except neons and a front wing which i plan on doin myself, i got the lowering job, the blueish headlights ,pearl paint,genie exhaust , bigger alloys and sports steerin wheel, so what else can i do!?!?!?!? (well besides fix the hole in my boot!!!!) any ideas of what else to spend the money on!?!?!?
g161stroker
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 12:17 am    Post subject: Re: RICE-ricetastic, riceing up a gem, etc... WTF!!!!! Reply with quote

LED's r better than neons man neons can b kinda sensetive my brother has killed manyer purple tubes with his stereo the bass shakes them so much they just die LED's are a much better option if u ask me my oppinion anyway cheers.
redgem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 12:21 am    Post subject: Re: RICE-ricetastic, riceing up a gem, etc... WTF!!!!! Reply with quote

yeah i was thinkin of gettin those but they can't light up all under the car though ....can they?!?!?! maybe a whole heap of high intensity ones in a row
TimD
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 12:23 am    Post subject: Re: RICE-ricetastic, riceing up a gem, etc... WTF!!!!! Reply with quote

You have to admit, imagine a weapon all-black lowered gem crusin down the street boasting green neons. Like the civics on fast n furious.
What to spend 160 bucks on? what have you got already?
If it were me i would think about making my gem breath better. Maybe a port job, or look at induction, webber? K&N filter maybe. just a few ideas
redgem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 12:52 am    Post subject: Re: RICE-ricetastic, riceing up a gem, etc... WTF!!!!! Reply with quote

what's cheapest performance mod i can do to my tg??? i was thinkin maybe a turbosmart sticker LOL (only joking) .. iwas thinking of gettin a k&n ram pod filter but how much would that cost to put on...what else do i need to attach it?
yeah i done up gem, like fast n furious, would be can i say...sick...but thats what i'm workin on, i already got most of the dress up work done just the finishing touches to make it look better, and then move on to engine mods... so what can i do with $$$500???
Birko
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 1:47 am    Post subject: Re: RICE-ricetastic, riceing up a gem, etc... WTF!!!!! Reply with quote

hey,
if it where me i would save my money and then spend it on a decent engine. If you dont have much just go for a standard 2ltr witgh your genie exhaust and 1600 head, then maybe a weber of a cortina etc.
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 2:07 am    Post subject: Re: RICE-ricetastic, riceing up a gem, etc... WTF!!!!! Reply with quote

for $500 u can port a head
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: RICE-ricetastic, riceing up a gem, etc... WTF!!!!! Reply with quote

can you get booked for the undercar neons?i seem to remember last time they were 'in' that the coppers didnt take too much of a shine to them
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 12:27 pm    Post subject: Re: RICE-ricetastic, riceing up a gem, etc... WTF!!!!! Reply with quote

you could cop some head work for 500 bananas,you could probably get away with extractors for $300-shop around!
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: RICE-ricetastic, riceing up a gem, etc... WTF!!!!! Reply with quote

hey redgem heres an idea u dickhead, take that $160 and shove it directly up your arse, then pull it out and stick it in the bank and save your sorry arse off until you have $500-1000 then you can do your performance mods no worries
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: RICE-ricetastic, riceing up a gem, etc... WTF!!!!! Reply with quote

it may sound hoarsh but for those of us who dont get much money, saving what we have and building on that money is the only way to go, and ive done well whith what ive had.

so neeeerrrrr
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 2:14 pm    Post subject: Re: RICE-ricetastic, riceing up a gem, etc... WTF!!!!! Reply with quote

You can get deftected for any type of neon. Just hook them up to a switch somewhere on the dash so you can turn them off quickly
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 2:30 pm    Post subject: Re: RICE-ricetastic, riceing up a gem, etc... WTF!!!!! Reply with quote

im gonna put my parent's christmas tree lights on my car, they will flash with the bass and i will then be really cool, then to be even cooler than i already am, i will cruise back and forth down the main city street and show them off. and if i see cops i will have a little glowing switch that i will flick in order to turn off the lights
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 2:53 pm    Post subject: what to spend 160 on Reply with quote

i got one shit bushbasher gemini for free bush bashed it until it blew up, then sold the head for $100. i bought another tx gemini for $150 which had 4 good 5 spoke mags, a borgwarner lsd, a good 5 speed and one of those heads with massive valves. it cost me $200 to get that head ported, shaved, valves re-seated and they put on these alloy rockers and a big cam which was out of my road car.
then, i looked in the trading post, found a g200, new cluch kit and top end gasket kit for $150. i shoved the lsd, 5 speed, new cluch and the g200 in. then i whiped the new head on all in about one or two days.
now now my road car flogs the shit out of my old engine, whole set up thing and the car looks better after i polished those mags and it only cost me $250. so save up another $90 and you'll have yourself a powerhouse.

gemini's are so cheep, if you blow up your motor it costs about $20 to get it hammering again.

(i'd buy neons and strobes if mine was a show car. they look cool)
it just depends what you want your car to do- go fast or look cool or both!
tim
TimD
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 3:16 pm    Post subject: Re: RICE-ricetastic, riceing up a gem, etc... WTF!!!!! Reply with quote

Port job 500 bucks..HAHAHHA, ahhhh lower
Extractors 300 bucks.......thats right, way fuckin lower again. You could get a porjob and extractors for 300 with enough left over for VHT extractor paint, and a wire brush for the drill to prep it with.
Some of you lads pay wayyyy to much, either that or you dont have a clue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: