HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

17` rims, Perth Gems & TD/X chrome trims

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Birko
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 7:31 pm    Post subject: 17` rims, Perth Gems & TD/X chrome trims Reply with quote

Hey, sorry about the amount of questions.
1) To everyone running 17` rims, Are they legal in your state, cause in WA they are illegal on a gem as it only came with 13` rims so the biggest i can go is 16' with a 205/40 or 195/45 tyre. this sucks big time!

2)Any one from Perth. Im currently builing up a TG gem and was wondering if anyone cruises round perth.

3) What model would i look for if i wanted to get the chrome trim that surrounds the whole outside of the top of the door. unlike the small strip on my TG. I think its of a Td tx or something.

cheers
EVLJT
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 8:14 pm    Post subject: Re: 17` rims, Perth Gems & TD/X chrome trims Reply with quote

TD SLE for the chrome strips around the door frames
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 10:12 pm    Post subject: Re: 17` rims, Perth Gems & TD/X chrome trims Reply with quote

legally u are allowed 15's in wa but fuk good luck. there is a cruise on the 2nd august.

birisko i have some gem bits for the TF/tg not much thou
Wazza
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 11:08 pm    Post subject: Re: 17` rims, Perth Gems & TD/X chrome trims Reply with quote

hey,

umm i cant help ya with the wheels prob, but i think models of gem had a variant with the crome sipes, my sisters te sl has them, so yeah you shoud be able to get em from somewhere,
and yeah im from perth too and would be interested in some crusing with fellow gem owners, but yeah i dont get much time and usually miss the cruises, and they always seem to be so far away from my place, any gem owners north of teh river by any chance
btw i drive a yellow tg thats in fairly stock condidtion atm, except for a g200 and some oldschool 13" mags
Birko
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 1:19 am    Post subject: Re: 17` rims, Perth Gems & TD/X chrome trims Reply with quote

yer man i used to live in duncraig, but now im at the vines, so everywhere is far.

hey evlgem, what parts have you got. Im after a reverse lamp lense for the drivers side. Got a 5spd (and tailshaft) by any chance, or no anyone with a decent one.
I dont think my car will be ready for august 2. but you never no.

Apparently, a guy at bob jane said i could go 16` with tyres that wont change the overall wheel diameter and meet some load carrying capacity.
Wazza
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 2:16 am    Post subject: Re: 17` rims, Perth Gems & TD/X chrome trims Reply with quote

hey
the vines, serious, thats like 5 min drive from my place, im in henley brook which is liek the next suburb, and yeah i know about stuff being far i have to drive to jandakot everyday!

hmm tailights for teh rigth hand side seem to be in short supply, you canalways find left ones though, and yeah its bloody hard just to change a lens without breaking something, so yeah i reckon get the whole cluster cos there like a sealed unit, ive had to replace mine 3 times now, once cos a friend reversed into me and then after my mum reversed into my car in out driveway, and she went and did the same thing the other night so now i need to put another one in, i think she paid $30 for the one she picked up today from the wreckers to replace it, so yeah there not that expensive, and you can get em cheaper, the last one i got i ppicked up for nothing off this guy, he had like 8 left ones and only one rigth one.
neways sorry bout the long post, we will have to cruise someime
catchya
wazza
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 2:21 am    Post subject: Re: 17` rims, Perth Gems & TD/X chrome trims Reply with quote

fuk man i might have to go play some golf up there.Yeah i sold my gemini last week and along went my 5spd i might have the lense i will look.
Birko
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2002 12:40 am    Post subject: Re: 17` rims, Perth Gems & TD/X chrome trims Reply with quote

sounds good guys,
spewin about your 5spd evlgem, hey are getting another gem?
I only really need the clear reverse lense i think that both sides these are the same. I bought a whole cluster but craked it trying to get it out.. oh well.
catch yas

ps . i was down at kingsway shops about a month ago on thursday night and there was this mint red Tg with chrome rims, any of yas no of this..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: