HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Things that people shouldn't do to their cars.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 6:44 pm    Post subject: Things that people shouldn't do to their cars. Reply with quote

There is some things, that in my opinion should not be done to their cars.

- Neons (see post below.. ughh. Rice aghh)

- Extensive dodgy lowering
Why do people like to complete lower the shite out of their cars. It fucks up the car, the handling is not too much better, your tyres wear quickly and camber gets thrown off. Most of the time it just looks like your cars suspension is fucked. Its also a bitch to drive a car thats too low, you are always worrying about it bottoming out. Usually if you want better handling it just involves upgrades in other areas of the suspension, like sway bars and such.

- Big huge chrome Exhausts
You've seen it, people driving around with those huge chrome mufflers sticking out of their car. Sure on the right setup and car its a great mod and sounds cool but theres nothing worse than seeing some little excel or something with one of these jammed on the pipe after their normal exhaust system. Exhaust places must be making a fortune jamming these things on and welding and getting good money for it.

- Really dodgy paint jobs
This problem is especially evident in gems.. sadly. We've all seen it. Someone decided to give their gem a touch up with a bit of spray can action, usually with a can of matte finish enamel or something. The end result is something that looks worse than an average primer coat.
Haha for the record I resprayed my front wing with acrlylic cans and it looked great, pretty much can't tell the difference.

- Huge body kits and wings
Why do people bother doing this, spend some money under the hood first to justify the racer look. Mostly done on stock lancers and excels. People continually try and turn their economic grocery getter into a racing machine.. on the outside. Under the hood its just the same old engine.

Post things you hate that people do to their cars. I'm sorry, im just bored at work.
Birko
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Things that people shouldn't do to their cars. Reply with quote

i agree, howver i dont agree with the lowering part.
A really low car is the coolest thing i reckon. I am really starting to get into minitrucks and reckon they look sick.Anyway who needs handling on public roads? However dodgy cut springs are another story. Adjustable suspension should be cheaper!!

Bodykits and wings....aarrrgghhh i i hate these. Shitty lancers with evo kits and a 80's designed engine they think is high tech that stuggles to get 86kw. even with mods that cost ~~$2000 it only managed ~97kw or something (from some magazine)

My other pet hate is crumodores fullstop. Espicially ones with 'p' plates on and pursuit rims.They seem to think there 16 sec mum car is victor brays spare drag car.

I used to like the chrome mufflers, but they are more common then vl's with pursuities now. apparently lancer owners seem to think these act like turbo chargers and tranforms there granny mobile into 10 sec street cars.\
oh one more.. VL's with 2.5` exhaust and 6x9's. i dunno about over east but in WA this seems like every P platers dream.

... also people that will pay ~$200 for somebody to install there stereo or tacho or seats etc etc because they are so retarded not to do it them selves or have a go. Also workshop cars. (cars that are built totally in a workshop with no work done by the owner.)

well thats my............
Birko
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 7:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Things that people shouldn't do to their cars. Reply with quote

i agree, howver i dont agree with the lowering part.
A really low car is the coolest thing i reckon. I am really starting to get into minitrucks and reckon they look sick.Anyway who needs handling on public roads? However dodgy cut springs are another story. Adjustable suspension should be cheaper!!

Bodykits and wings....aarrrgghhh i i hate these. Shitty lancers with evo kits and a 80's designed engine they think is high tech that stuggles to get 86kw. even with mods that cost ~~$2000 it only managed ~97kw or something (from some magazine)

My other pet hate is crumodores fullstop. Espicially ones with 'p' plates on and pursuit rims.They seem to think there 16 sec mum car is victor brays spare drag car.

I used to like the chrome mufflers, but they are more common then vl's with pursuities now. apparently lancer owners seem to think these act like turbo chargers and tranforms there granny mobile into 10 sec street cars.\
oh one more.. VL's with 2.5` exhaust and 6x9's. i dunno about over east but in WA this seems like every P platers dream.

... also people that will pay ~$200 for somebody to install there stereo or tacho or seats etc etc because they are so retarded not to do it them selves or have a go. Also workshop cars. (cars that are built totally in a workshop with no work done by the owner.)

well thats my............
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 7:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Things that people shouldn't do to their cars. Reply with quote

Regarding lowering, a little done tastefully and properly is ok. My wagon is lowered a tad with pedders springs and it sits really nice on the road. Not too low, rides really well and I'm not avoiding speed bumps at all.

My old one was absolutely dumped on it guts and I didn't like it much. The tyres where wearing out quickly and it just looked a little too low.
Gemini Driving Yobbo
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 7:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Things that people shouldn't do to their cars. Reply with quote

ahhaha i agree with all your points apart form the bodykit one. I think there mad but u gotta be able to back it up with some horses i not u look like a tosser. Theres nothing better than beating tosser who has spent shitloads on the look of his car
CuGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 7:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Things that people shouldn't do to their cars. Reply with quote

nervous trigger finger there Pancho?
"Also workshop cars. (cars that are built totally in a workshop with no work done by the owner.)" It has its advantages Surprised)
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Things that people shouldn't do to their cars. Reply with quote

Yeh I'd have to agree with that. I try to do as much as I can myself but sadly I just don't have enough time and knowledge to do everything myself.

I'd actually quite like to be in a position where I had enough money to just say "ahhh you do it !"

hehe
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Things that people shouldn't do to their cars. Reply with quote

Some bodykits are nice. Done tastefully. But you gotta hate the really over the top ones that make the car look like a spaceship ! hehe
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 7:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Things that people shouldn't do to their cars. Reply with quote

Also commondores, forgot about them.
Ugh.
TimD
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Things that people shouldn't do to their cars. Reply with quote

Well basically Soop, you have just gone back on everything you said you hated. I hate lowering, I hate bodykits, I hate workshop cars. Sheesh
Classic read tho....
Just like to add.....i hate import rice, local rice is even worse as i feel ashamed to be australian. Shame on you riceriders
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 8:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Things that people shouldn't do to their cars. Reply with quote

mate i gotta agree with the body kit thought- the king shit (he crowned himself that apparently)of my area drives a hyundai excel with a full sick division kit,a turbosmart sticker on the back window (word on the street is that this mod adds 45kW on its own),and the crowning glory....13inch wheels complete with the stock hyundai hubbies;u gotta love style!
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 8:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Things that people shouldn't do to their cars. Reply with quote

whats the use of having a bodykit put on your car that makes it look like its going to take off into orbit,only to be beaten at the lights by a taxi?back it up with some performance i say.

i am blessed with a normal sized ego and similar self esteem so it boggles my mind whem people stick numberplates on their car that make them feel big-a few of my favourites around here are 1)"SIK VL"-'87 vl,14-inch alloys,stock height, obligatory pioneer sticker 2)"MRENVY"-corolla,big subs,big wheels,dumped to the ground-i suspect he needs the big subs cos its the only vibrations his nuts are gonna get! 3)my personal favourite "URNVS"-shit how did he know
?!if everybody laughed at me when i drove around i'd make a different assumption,wouldnt you?
FOOTNOTE- "URNVS" got rid of these plates when people started yelling "YOU ARE NERVOUS!" at him....
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 8:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Things that people shouldn't do to their cars. Reply with quote

what do you drive there tim?
TimD
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 8:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Things that people shouldn't do to their cars. Reply with quote

Howdy Lad, Whats happening with that scoop mate?
I drive my olds lancer....lol. My TE is being rebuilt
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 9:05 pm    Post subject: Scoopy Reply with quote

i think its sold mate-im sorting it out at the moment but ill let you know
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: