HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Things to do to piss the next owner off
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gemini Driving Yobbo
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 6:55 pm    Post subject: Things to do to piss the next owner off Reply with quote

1: dont tell the buyer taht the radiator is completly f cked and theres no thermo. I only mad it halfway home

2: put sound deadner under the carpet and put the carpet on straight away so that when the next owner takes the carpet out it leaves most of the carpet attached to teh car and mkaes the new owner get new carpet

3:Instead of bogging up rust, use silican and sound deadener

4:dont say that the engine is nearly f cked

5:sell your auto gem so that the buyer has to buy a manual and put it in

all these things have all been done to my car by the ppl who sold it to me
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 7:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Things to do to piss the next owner off Reply with quote

1. Don't tell me that the starter motor wire was loose. Jeez its hardly a huge problem I wouldn't I would have still bought the car if I was told about it. I drive it home and go to start it again and it won't kick over. I'm thinking I don't know how to turn the immob off properly and end up having to call the owner a few times. On the third time he finally says "oh yeh the starter motor wire sometimes comes off". 2 turns with a screwdriver and it was fixed.

2. Buy a perfectly good moulded carpet and CUT IT UP so that it doesn't fit the car anymore. God know why they did this but my carpet was cut down the middle and cut at the edges so it didn't fit properly. I don't think they know the idea of a moulded carpet Smile

3. Do really dodgy wiring. When wiring up your stereo/car don't go out and buy a few dollar worth of proper wire, just use little bits found around the shed and tape them together into 1 big wire. Wire up the car as dodgy as possible so that it shorts out all the time. Thanks to that I had to go over every wire in my car Sad

4. When fixing up a small dent from a previous prang USE A PAINTBRUSH TO PRIME IT. Don't worry, the spray will fill in the brush marks.. not. Thanks to this I had to repsray a whole front panel.

5. Leave heaps of rubbish, disgusting ciggarette buts and trash in your car. Also leave important personal documents like credit card payment forms and stuff around the car. Don't worry about cleaning it out before selling it or anything.

6. Tell me the engine is only a 1600 when later on inspection I find out its an 1800 .. bonus Smile

All these things done to me.
TimD
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Things to do to piss the next owner off Reply with quote

Me 3.
But instead of silicone, Use bog over chicken wire then aluminuim foil over the top. In the boot, dont even worry about spending money on bog, nar fuck that, just gaffel tape the rusty areas and spray sound deadener over it. And when you run out of sound deadener and are too povo to buy more, use BLUE TACK, and then give it a touch up with cans, the colour of which doesnt even match.
It seems that our beloved gems have a habit of attracting dumb fuck owners Sad
and that aint the half of it!
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 7:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Things to do to piss the next owner off Reply with quote

My uncle said he bought a little chevette at auction in the UK. On the drive home he was tapping his feet on the floor to a song on the radio and ended up putting his feet through the damn floor ! The floorpan was made of PAPER MACHE !!!
CuGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Things to do to piss the next owner off Reply with quote

A happy story. Bought a GrannySpecTE a little while ago with 124,000 on the clock. Got it home and found a service sticker for the auto transmission saying serviced July 1991 at 101,000km. What's that 23000 in 11 yrs! and garaged too.
g161stroker
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 8:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Things to do to piss the next owner off Reply with quote

hehehe all hilariouse storys the best way orund thse things is to buy a 50 dollar vc commadore with a 308 ull find when ur driven it half way accros a suburb approx 5 min of driving the rear lights fall out and clunks on you rear pannel the airfilter finds itself loose and falls to the bottom where it shoots sparks a good couple of feet out the back Wink

for 50 bucks but she went like a beast hehehe
cant b disapointed with them 50 buck cars hehehe
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 9:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Things to do to piss the next owner off Reply with quote

bargain-pity its a commodore though!lol
g161stroker
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 10:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Things to do to piss the next owner off Reply with quote

yeah the commonwhore was quickly disposed off as it was taking up room
Gemini Driving Yobbo
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 10:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Things to do to piss the next owner off Reply with quote

i still would of expected more if u payed $50 for a commonhore thats preety expensive for one. and i just thought of another thing ive ripped oput the whole interia and theres no money. how f cked up is that.
TG 1985
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 11:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Things to do to piss the next owner off Reply with quote

haha, i found like $20 i my gem
TG 1985
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 11:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Things to do to piss the next owner off Reply with quote

$50 too much
Birko
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 1:37 am    Post subject: Re: Things to do to piss the next owner off Reply with quote

well my last car, a hj prem, driving it home and the threaded rod that holds the filter to the holley had lost it thread, the filter fell of and somehow the rod got sucked down the holley (probaly as it was full throttle down the freeway) and jammed the throttle to wide open, i was wondering why i couldnt slow down.

slow down somehow then pulling onto the emergeny lane it starts lightiung up the back tyres as my brake pedal i alll the way down and the accelerator is wid open.

luckily the rod didnt go into the engine, had to get it out with a magnetic screwdriver..
CuGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 9:58 am    Post subject: Re: Things to do to piss the next owner off Reply with quote

so why didn't you kick it into neutral?
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 12:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Things to do to piss the next owner off Reply with quote

aaah geminis-theyre like the cars that keep on giving!
Kizza
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 3:51 pm    Post subject: Things 2 do 2 stop your car when its jammed @ full Reply with quote

or just turn it of
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: