HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

V6 into TE

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Josh
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2002 10:40 pm    Post subject: V6 into TE Reply with quote

I'v deceided I am going to buy a V6 and 5 spd for my gemini this year. First problem being I want to start with a brake upgrade (front first). I need some idea's. I also want to get a VN/VP calais diff (LSD) and get it shortened for my car. Any advice is appreciated

Josh (WA)
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2002 11:34 pm    Post subject: Re: V6 into TE Reply with quote

well you can get a brake kit from castlemaine rod shop or upgrade your brakes with VS commodore stuff. Allstreet tyres in maddington can do it you just have to supply the rotos and calipers and rear axles and drums along with rims and they will do the rest
gem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2002 2:03 am    Post subject: Re: V6 into TE Reply with quote

I think the diff conversion is quite involved due to the fact that the torque tube will nolonger fit the vn diff .this means a new tail shaft and new upper trailing arms to replace the job of the torque tube.I am going to take on this sort of diff mod later this year ,I hope it will be worth it.
diesel

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2002 3:39 am    Post subject: Re: V6 into TE Reply with quote

has anyone suggested front brakes for you yet? i have done front and rear conversion for my tx coup as well as some other geminis that are being raced as well as a v6 project. let me know if tou are still interested.
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2002 3:28 am    Post subject: Re: V6 into TE Reply with quote

What's the brakes?
diesel

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2002 4:24 am    Post subject: Re: V6 into TE Reply with quote

front end commodore calipers, magna rotors.
rear end pizza.
HONES
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 3:17 am    Post subject: Re: V6 into TE Reply with quote

bla bla bla
yep v6 would be cool

hmmmm >Smile
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: