HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

thinkin 4x4 gem?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hardcoregemfreak
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2002 11:01 pm    Post subject: thinkin 4x4 gem? Reply with quote

i was talkin to my dad the other day, we both have geminis, ,mines the silver z/zz in the stock section which is now a sick lookin blue as i just painted it, but ne way, we were talkin n he was talkin bout buildin a 4x4 gem!? he said that there is an isuzu 4x4 that is bout the same size as the gemini? im not sure what he said it was called but what we were thinkin was puttin a gemi bodie on the 4x4 chassie n havin a 4x4 GEM! but if ne one have any info on the fuckin 4x4 im talkin bout it would be really apprecitated cos i wanna get some specs on it so we can start thinkin bout it,
hardcoregemfreak
teWASP

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2002 1:59 am    Post subject: Re: thinkin 4x4 gem? Reply with quote

hehe all that i can tel you is to read hot4s, in hot 4s theyl tel u to save 15gs and that its realy not worth doing.
Benjamin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2002 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: thinkin 4x4 gem? Reply with quote

I was offered a working G200 the other day for $200 from a Jackaroo nut, and while I was checking out some parts I took a look at the front end of the Jackaroo. Has anyone noticed how similar the Jackaroo front-end is to the Gemini front-end?

I would have to have a second look and a measure up but the suspension looks similar. I can't remember if this was a 2WD version, and don't know if the 4WD replaced the Gemini-like suspension with a live axle.

I would be thinking Jackaroo bits and pieces may be the direction to take, considering they use a similar engine pattern and the crossmember would have to be similar.

Anyone gone down this track (pardon the pun) before?
little red wagon
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2002 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: thinkin 4x4 gem? Reply with quote

the 4x4 your talking bout could be a old 4x4 rodeo they had two of them were i worked there bout the same size as a gem i think they're the KB model
Mark
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2002 8:04 pm    Post subject: Re: thinkin 4x4 gem? Reply with quote

Kb40 isuzu 4wd. Same motor as a gemi but chassis is too different to use under a gemmi(from looking at one), I have seen it done with a suzuki sierra chassis and diffs, with a kb40 gearbox and a rodeo 2 litre. Sound complicated? It was, but it worked ok. Not worth the effort when you can buy a kb40 for $1000 or so....
Greg
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 12:20 am    Post subject: Re: thinkin 4x4 gem? Reply with quote

I have often wondered if a gemini could be dropped onto a jackaroo chasis. The chasis would probably have to be shortened and major work done to the underside of the gem for the chasis mounts, but it could possibly be done. Also depends if you want to register it or not. If you do, you'll need to become very goods mates with an engineer. Just my imagination wondering again.

Cheers, Greg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: