HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

twin webber/ porting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
birch
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2002 10:29 am    Post subject: twin webber/ porting Reply with quote

Would twin webbes make a difference to my motor power. At the moment i'm running a single webber a bigger cam in a total recond engine there a bit shaved of the block and off the head.
Also i'm thinking of doing some porting myself and have plenty of heads to practice on if any one has advice or can send a diagram of the best approach area depths anything it would be much appreciated thanks
little red wagon
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2002 4:35 pm    Post subject: Re: twin webber/ porting Reply with quote

best thing to do is match the inlet manifold to the head so i think that means opening up the ports a bit and get rid of the casting marks in the manifold/ports
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2002 9:11 pm    Post subject: Re: twin webber/ porting Reply with quote

Put your finger in the port, imagine your finger is the air, if it hits anything, it is a restriction, remove it. The other thing to keep in mind is that making air turn a corner is a restriction. So keep radius' large and smooth.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: