HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

BiG DrAmA's

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
arnaout
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2002 8:56 pm    Post subject: BiG DrAmA's Reply with quote

hi all, got a problem, i have a TG and i have 17z on it and at the bak i lowered it 2 much and it rubs on 1 wheel and not the other.. i was told 2 get a panhard rod???? wat is that???
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2002 9:15 pm    Post subject: Re: BiG DrAmA's Reply with quote

u need an ajustable panhard rod for the rear to re align the wheels central. or u can just bend the stok one to make it shorter!!Wink heheheh
gene
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2002 9:19 pm    Post subject: Re: BiG DrAmA's Reply with quote

how much would an adjustable panhard rod set me back and are they hard to fit?
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2002 9:30 pm    Post subject: Re: BiG DrAmA's Reply with quote

2 bolts. i think there $150-$200?????? adam knows
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2002 9:36 pm    Post subject: Re: BiG DrAmA's Reply with quote

You can cut and weld the old one too.
arnaout
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2002 9:40 pm    Post subject: Re: BiG DrAmA's Reply with quote

nahh fuk that, i think id rather jus get d adjustable one, jus in case d welded 1 snapd, i wouldnt b able 2 drive home with 1 wheel smokin from the rubber
arnaout
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2002 10:08 pm    Post subject: Re: BiG DrAmA's Reply with quote

also where would i be able to get my hands on 1 in sydney apart from whiteline????
alan
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2002 1:37 am    Post subject: Re: BiG DrAmA's of your own making Reply with quote

Your ignorance and superstition of welding will cost you an extra $180 for nothing. Cut it, and pay someone $20 to weld it. It will NOT snap.
CuGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2002 10:24 am    Post subject: Re: BiG DrAmA's Reply with quote

eerrrmmm, I forgot to mention... cut it at one end and weld the collar back onto the shortened rod. just in case you were thinking of cutting a piece out of the middle of it and welding the rod!! ;o) hehehehe
Adam
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2002 11:39 am    Post subject: Re: BiG DrAmA's Reply with quote

I'm almost afraid to ask... but why not whiteline?
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2002 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: BiG DrAmA's Reply with quote

no offence to anyone. but the only place i have ever see or heard of white line id in this forum. where do u get em?? whats so good about em?
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2002 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: BiG DrAmA's Reply with quote

cos they're too f**kin expensive, but mainly when I was speaking to them on the phone they were a pack of arseholes who didn't want to help me.
signed
bitter
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2002 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: BiG DrAmA's Reply with quote

*giggels*
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 1:53 am    Post subject: Re: BiG DrAmA's Reply with quote

Coz they a pack o wankers who think they know it all and really have no idea. They tried to tell me that I needed to take my panhard rod (which I bought from them and was supposed to be for a gemi sedan) to a suspension expert and get it fitted because I obviously had 'No idea'. All because I tried to tell them that it wouldn't fit and that they'd given me the rod for a panel van. Friggin idiots!

If any one didn't read between the lines I now have BIG issues with them.

However when I finally got the right one it looked and worked really well. (Probably a fluke on their behalf)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: