HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

What cam do i have

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
birch
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2002 6:43 pm    Post subject: What cam do i have Reply with quote

I have a gem and i'm still doing modifications my cam is bigger but comes on to late like at 3500rpm so i need to retard or advance it but i don't know what the cam specs are
does anyone know who make this cam shaft or if they have the same cam what are the spec thanks. i have rang most of the major cam dealers.

Cam Shaft Number is : ce897a
Benjamin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2002 11:25 am    Post subject: Re: What cam do i have Reply with quote

I can't answer the cam question, but I can maybe help with the lack of go down low issue. I had my cam reground by Wade.

I am running G161 from a TX with seriously shaved head (prolly 9.5:1 comp or more) which put the cam timing out.

Thankfully I have an adjustable timing set, and the guy who set it straight told me it was 10 degrees retarded. It was flat as a tack and needed hard revving to get going, even then it didn't seem right. Now it goes like the proverbial, biiiiig difference.

So maybe if your head has been shaved the cam is out?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: