HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

G200 rebuild

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greg
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2002 11:51 pm    Post subject: G200 rebuild Reply with quote

Hey everyone, I am now the proud owner of a G200 block. Picked it up for $150 along with a G161 block, 2x 5 speeds and 2x 32/36 webbers. Anyway, I haven't started getting quotes for a rebuild yet. What would be a good price for a basic rebuild with a tx head? I'll probably keep stock internals to save $$$ (they could be better spent on head work). Oh, and could you reccomend somewhere on the northside of Brisbane for the job?

Cheers, Greg.
Gigfus
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2002 3:10 am    Post subject: Re: G200 rebuild Reply with quote

For a complete rebuild i would expect to pay $1500 - $2000
nos
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2002 2:36 pm    Post subject: Re: G200 rebuild Reply with quote

do it yourself man! you'll save heaps of cash and be able to get your head port and polished, as well as shaved and you could even get twin carbs! as well as a few other go fast goodies if you go about things the right way. all of this for the price of a professional rebuild. think about it man.
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2002 11:45 pm    Post subject: Re: G200 rebuild Reply with quote

yeah i would say $2500 if bought good gear like an aftermarket cam adjustable timing chain. high quality cast slugs or forged slugs
Mark
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2002 8:26 pm    Post subject: Re: G200 rebuild Reply with quote

Give it to me. Using my contacts I can rebuild it to your specs for under $1000 including porting the head etc. I live in redcliffe, i am a qualified and good mechanic, and i know gemmi motors. One of mine rolls 139 rear wheel horsepower from a mid sized cam and a 350 holley. Its all about where you port.........
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2002 9:34 pm    Post subject: Re: G200 rebuild Reply with quote

sweet
well i can give u my 1800 specs
it is the same bore as the 2L.
runs a .490 lift cam and twin carbs
reckon i can get over 200hp?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: