HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

FREE PAINT JOB!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr bayce
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2002 7:47 pm    Post subject: FREE PAINT JOB! Reply with quote

Hey i heard you can take your car to a TAFE and have apprentice panel beaters fix it up, get the rust out and spray it for free! Just what i need ;D
nos
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2002 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: FREE PAINT JOB! Reply with quote

are you serious? i would love that! what state are you in? (i'm in nsw) i would desperately love that! how long does it take them to do it and how do you get your car in for it?

cheers
Mr bayce
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2002 8:21 pm    Post subject: Re: FREE PAINT JOB! Reply with quote

im in qld, just ring up a few TAFEs and ask about it, thats what im doing. It might not be show quality but fuck, anything is better than what i got now! Hopefully you get to choose the colour Wink
Andrew65
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2002 8:40 pm    Post subject: Re: FREE PAINT JOB! Reply with quote

I tried it at the local tafe ,Alex Hills(QLD),and was told they had a waiting list longer than they could remember..
alan
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2002 12:19 am    Post subject: Re: FREE PAINT JOB! Reply with quote

You can get it done at Ithaca TAFE as well, REd Hill. They'll do a fairly good job as far as the painting goes, but for the rust.....keep in mind its like free surgery ata public hosptital...would you want trainee working on your gizzards? I wouldnt.
Mr Hanky
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2002 11:25 am    Post subject: Re: FREE PAINT JOB! Reply with quote

I rang my local TAFE and they quoted me $1,600 plus paint?! PHUCK THAT. I'm not gunna pay that kind of money for someone to learn on my car!! I bought a 17cfm National compressor from Sydney, two new spray guns and a 20 metre hose for a $1K brand new. I'm sure I'll get materials for the job for under $600 so it will still be cheaper to do it myself.
Smoking TE
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2002 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: FREE PAINT JOB! Reply with quote

dunno about you guys but i wouldn't let someone spray my car for free (especially if they are only learning). knowing my luck i would get it back with more runs than don bradman.
alan
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2002 10:58 pm    Post subject: Re: FREE PAINT JOB! Reply with quote

Smart move.And if you ever mant to sell the comp + guns, there'll be no shortage of 2nd hand buyers.
goons hired goons
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 8:51 pm    Post subject: Re: FREE PAINT JOB! Reply with quote

mate if its going to cost $1600 or whatever, why dont you do it yourself-i did it a little while back using a ProjectAir air compressor ($250 from mitre 10 with free mediocre spray gun but also some decent attachments),a hired spray gun ($50 a day-2 days worth),$350 worth of paint and associated stuff and some spare time-youd spend maybe half of what the tafe would charge,and if you fuck it up youve got yourself a compressor and a dodgy spray technique to work on!duuno bout the panel work though...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: