HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

LOWERING!!! HELP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LOERYDA
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2002 7:58 pm    Post subject: LOWERING!!! HELP Reply with quote

Im wanting to get my gemini lowered properly but im getting alot of head fuks with all the red tape.My main concern is my insurance being void by not being legal, but they recon to be legal and keep ur insurance u can only lower it 30mm(which is fuk all).
What do u guys do, i mean some of the geminis I see on this site look so low that they r touching the ground. R those cars legal and insured??? help me, I want my car to be dumped 2 the max, but not get fuked up if I crash into a BMW.
Any help would great
Also do big wheels make ur car look like its sitting lower, like 16"s and 17"

Cheers, Json
Kizza
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2002 8:07 pm    Post subject: Re: LOWERING!!! HELP Reply with quote

not sure about all that insurance stuff, who r u insured with? bigger wheels make it look like your gaurds are "fuller" and soetimes draws away from the actual ride height so it gives a bit of a lowered effect
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2002 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: LOWERING!!! HELP Reply with quote

they fill the gard but they actually lift the ride hight up more. just hit the BMW go home put new springs in and dont tell anyone.
my first gem........ "what springs???" hahah
gene
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2002 10:15 pm    Post subject: Re: LOWERING!!! HELP Reply with quote

it always amazes me the people here with the mindset of "what if I crash into a BMW". Learn to drive properly, and DONT crash into cars.
CuGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2002 10:38 pm    Post subject: Re: LOWERING!!! HELP Reply with quote

accidents happen
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2002 10:47 pm    Post subject: Re: LOWERING!!! HELP Reply with quote

very tru
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2002 11:21 pm    Post subject: Re: LOWERING!!! HELP Reply with quote

The victorian regulation to stay legal states you must have at least 100mm ground clearance, that is all anyone can measure.

If you are not in victoria, stop talking to me.
Greg
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2002 12:32 am    Post subject: Re: LOWERING!!! HELP Reply with quote

But what if the BMW crashes into you? If they prove your car is unsafe (ie not legal) you may still have to foot the bill, even if it is just your own.
CuGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2002 10:11 am    Post subject: Re: LOWERING!!! HELP Reply with quote

yep same in qld
alan
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2002 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: LOWERING!!! HELP Reply with quote

Serves you right for having an unsafe car. Stay off the road.
Mooch
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2002 8:34 pm    Post subject: as well as Reply with quote

as well as retaining 2/3 original bumpstop clearance. which ever is the greater. Thats all states from what i have read in How To Engineer Street Machines.
sik13b_gemini
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2002 2:56 am    Post subject: Re: LOWERING!!! HELP Reply with quote

fuck it get 3rd party to cover the otha vehical,just cut the springs 1 coil down or put it on blocks
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2002 9:27 pm    Post subject: Re: as well as Reply with quote

Thats correct, but only the ground clearance can be measured. The retaining of the 2/3 bumpstop clearance cannot be checked as VicRoads dont offer the info on factory bumpstop clearances, and most manufacturers dont have it, so it is usually neglected.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: