HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Not runnin right?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TG 1985
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2002 8:06 pm    Post subject: Not runnin right? Reply with quote

dis mornin, i was puttin in my stereo, and the car started to run like absolute shit. like when u give it a bit of gas, the jump in revs from 1000 to 3000 for example, is not smooth, it's all jumpy n shit.

i think that it ain't runnin on one of the cylinders. i think it's also because i've been slowly doin up the car, and the engine was done 8 months ago or so, and only traveled no further than my driveway, it has never been run for long, ie. hasn't ever warmed up properly. i always start it, put it where i wan't 2 put it, and turn it off, not letting it run for longer than the choke. do i just run it round the block a few times, let the fucker warm up, and it should be fine or what?

engine was bored, new cylinders, new rings, new main bearings, top shaved, reco head, etc, etc, .......

thanx, chris.
Kizza
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2002 8:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Not runnin right? Reply with quote

yeah it could just be cold, mine kinda did that so i just sat there at about 1500 for about 20secs and then it goes ok, give it a bit of a drive at night (if its still unregistered) and see what happens
zzz
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2002 8:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Not runnin right? Reply with quote

you need to run in the motor if it doesn't have rego
than let it run for a while each time you start it 10-15min
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: