HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

CDT Gem Info

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr Hanky
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 2:56 pm    Post subject: CDT Gem Info Reply with quote

If you genuinely know the original specs of the S3 turbo setup can you please reply here with your email addy as I am in the process of rebuiling one and need some help. I have a genuine S3 head, the manifolds for the draw through setup, and CD stromberg carbie but no turbo. Anyway, more info is required so please help if you can.
GasGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 5:18 pm    Post subject: Re: CDT Gem Info Reply with quote

Yeah a mate of mine has one in Vic, send me an email I nca prob help,

I'll see him on saturday so I can ask your questions.

cheers
Eggy
Mr Hanky
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2002 12:32 pm    Post subject: HEY EGGY Reply with quote

m8 if you could ask him about the original setup, can you ask him what turbo they ran, what valve clearances the S3 head runs, and how the water injection setup worked. Can you also ask him what the power output was like. I'm trying to decide whether to use the CDT head with the full factory draw through setup or the head with some other turbo setup??
GasGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2002 3:41 pm    Post subject: Re: HEY EGGY Reply with quote

T03, external waste gate,

valve clearnances he sets to standard gem spec's

water injecton was controlled by a pressure reg in the front of the intake manifold, that operates a washer bottle to spray just behind the SU.

power output is very good with lots of lowend HP,

he is currently using a G200 bottom end.

goes very well will be giving him a run on the weekend so we will see which turbo setup is quicker.

Cheers
Eggy
Mr Hanky
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2002 5:42 pm    Post subject: But wait there's MORE?! Reply with quote

Eggy,

Any chance of getting some pics of his setup? ie manifolds etc, I want to see if they are similar to the ones I have. I want to rebuild this as close as possible to the proper CDT specs. Otherwise I can send you pics of the crappy manifolds that I have and get you to tell me if they look similar or not?? What's your email addy?
GasGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2002 11:08 am    Post subject: Re: But wait there's MORE?! Reply with quote

probably not.
GasGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2002 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: But wait there's MORE?! Reply with quote

ok send me your pic's I'll comare on the weekend, and also let know which version is quicker,

eggwarsh@yahoo.com.au

cheers
Mr Hanky
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2002 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: But wait there's MORE?! Reply with quote

I'll send them 2nite.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: