HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Wow, gem quicker than a VL ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 2:53 am    Post subject: Wow, gem quicker than a VL ? Reply with quote

I took my gem down to the servo to fill up, on the way back I cruised around a bit to gave the battery some juice back.

Was driving very slowly and carefully making my way through a series of roundabouts when I hear the unmistakable noise of a commondore speeding up behind me. He comes along in front and just about cuts me off in the roundabout.

I speed up a bit to try and get out his way, and he speeds up. He looks over and thinks his family sedan has got something on me. I accept the challenge, drop it into 3rd and boot it. The little gem winds up to 3 grand or so and really kicks in. Goodbye commondore. Was hilarious, the guy was really booting it trying to catch up but he just didn't have enough power. I even held back, I could have put more power down too. Whats funnier was, as I casually drove away and down a side street I popped the revs and downshifted to 2nd gear. The bogan in the commodore somehow tried to emulate that in his auto and did some weird revving bunny hop thing as he came to the stoplight.

I'm not some wannabe street racer or anything but theres nothing like a little bit of traffic light GP now and then.

GO THE GEM !

(I have a 2L twincam in my gem..awesome acceleration, whats cooler is that its a wagon. Nothing like seeing the embarasment on a bogans face as a little wagon pulls away from him)

It was my first time shaming a bogan so I thought I'd post it here Smile
doomboy_666
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 3:16 am    Post subject: Re: Wow, gem quicker than a VL ? Reply with quote

Well done man !!!
great effort.
Did u put ya engine in yaself ? or was it in when ya bought it ?
Ben J
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 3:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Wow, gem quicker than a VL ? Reply with quote

Hehehe the good ol 2ltr twin cam's!

Is yours EFI or carb'd?

My celica (76 ra23) has a 18rg (2ltr twin cam twin sidedraught's) And we were heading down anzac hwy. one sat night, Fridn in his VL with extractors and 2.5" thought he'd smoke me, I got all wheelspin across the lights and we wewre dead even, then snapped second and smoked him! hehehe

BUT! that wasnt as good as my other mate who has an R31 Skyline with 5 speed, Ill be honest, i thought this thing was quick, But we pulled up on kings road, near my place and absoloutly Caned it off at the green, Neck and neck until about 5000rpm in second, Then i hit 3rd at about 5700 or something and chirped big time into third and started to slowly pull away from him!

After that he has had much more respect for the old celica Smile 13 years older and still better....though not quite so smooth

THe funny thing is: i was revving it to about 57-5800rpm in each gear (apart from 1st) and it doesnt redline till about 6500 or 6750 which someone told me Smile

And its still stock, just with an exhaust!!!!!! Cant wait for headwork etc.

YEah......thats my 10c my 2c is free (lame!)

Cheers
Ben
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Wow, gem quicker than a VL ? Reply with quote

It was in there when I bought it, just recently.

It actually going in to just gemis on thurs cos theres a problem starting it, its not even running properly and it can still beat a VL haha.
alan
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 7:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Wow,? Reply with quote

whatever your mods, it seems Both your cars have similar power to weight ratios. Not much excitement there.......
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 8:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Wow,? Reply with quote

your a sarcastic one arnt u. hahaha
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: