HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Engine

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roz85
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:27 pm    Post subject: Engine Reply with quote

I know it isnt a gemini, but its close enough anyway. I have a 86 Piazza Turbo with 121,000 on the clock. It's too slow for me now, so i want to get some work done to the engine. I dont know anything about cars fullstop, so i was wondering if there are any places around the BRISBANE area which perform engine mods. What could i be expecting for around the $1500-2000 mark, i.e how much faster theoretically could it go for those dollars. I was thinking of a bigger turbo etc. Any help at all would be appreciated, and if ANYONE KNOWS AND PERFOMANCE SHOPS IN BRISBANE TO DO A BIT OF WORK TO MY ENGINE, GIVE ME A REPLY OR roz__85@hotmail.com
alan
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2002 2:13 am    Post subject: Re: Engine Reply with quote

Unfortunately, with your setup, and you knowing stuff all about cars, you aint gunna get anyhting for 2 Gs. Everyone will quote you well in excess of 2 grand.

If you intend to stick with that car, I dont thionk you can modify the computer, so your cheapest option is go aftermarket EFI computer ($1000) so you can program more fuel into the engine together with increased boost from the turbo.
IT will prob cost you another $1000 - 1500 to have it installed and dynoed.

Plenty of perfrormance shops around . I can recommmend Kevin at KP Performance at Salisbury as being an honest person to deal with. Talk to him for some ideas.
alan
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2002 2:17 am    Post subject: Re: Engine Reply with quote

you dont need a bigger turbo. stock, you're only on about 7 -8 psi t, The IHI will give you quite a bit more boost yet. you'll make 200+ bhp going up to 12 psi, and its probably safe to go to 15 psi (220 hp???)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: