HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Manual to Auto - TX Coupe
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ByteMe22
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:06 am    Post subject: Manual to Auto - TX Coupe Reply with quote

i was wondering if it is hard to swap a 4 speed from a tx coupe with a auto from my tc sedan?? what is involved. i have searched through the old forums and found a few topic but i was wondering if the were any snags i should know about.

thanx Ben =[8^)
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:14 am    Post subject: Re: Manual to Auto - TX Coupe Reply with quote

what on earth??
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: Manual to Auto - TX Coupe Reply with quote

i think he wants to put the manual from the coupe into the sedan. the sedan has the auto. i dunno....
ByteMe22
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:44 am    Post subject: Re: Manual to Auto - TX Coupe Reply with quote

yeah the sedan has the auto.. and i want to put it in the coupe to swap for the 4 speed
alan
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Manual to Auto - TX Coupe Reply with quote

Dude, unless you are a top fuel drag racer, real men dont use auto g/boxes. Fer Gods sake, get a 2nd hand 4/5 speed. Dirt cheap these days.

Errr,unless, you arent prepping up the coupe for your granny, are you? Wink
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 1:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Manual to Auto - TX Coupe Reply with quote

hahahaha
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 1:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Manual to Auto - TX Coupe Reply with quote

Just why is everyone so down on the old auto? My grannyspecTE launches 0-20km/hr much faster than the other one ;o)
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 1:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Manual to Auto - TX Coupe Reply with quote

yeh nothing wrong with the good ol' Slush Box!
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Manual to Auto - TX Coupe Reply with quote

call me what you like.. but thats all i have a licence for when i moved out of home i found i needed a licence quick. (long way to train station) and the only cars we had were auto's so guess what i did ..... thats right got an auto licence...
CuGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 1:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Manual to Auto - TX Coupe Reply with quote

go for it I say. they are really convenient around town and you can just kick back and get really cruisey about it all.
Gemini Driving Yobbo
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Manual to Auto - TX Coupe Reply with quote

hey michael y dont u put a auto in cugem if there so good. Ive got an auto for sale too
ByteMe22
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 4:39 pm    Post subject: Can ne1 answer the question?? Reply with quote

thanx cugem for your support... but does anyone know of any problems (skip the "it's an auto" replys) about putting the auto into the tx coupe???

thanx Ben =[8^)
CuGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 5:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Manual to Auto - TX Coupe Reply with quote

Isn't it funny you should suggest that...
alan
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 8:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Can ne1 answer - yep Reply with quote

Hey no ones calling you names. Didnt think you would be restricted by an auto license, since you got a manual car.
there are no real probs, you just need all the bits.

So, to go manual to auto, on the manual car
1. install auto pedal set.
2. get auto tailshaft
3. get auto radiator, & fluid lines going from box to rad.
4. You'll need the auto style plug where the brake booster hose connects to the manifold, as it has the connector for the vacuum hose going to the modulator???
5. auto speedo cable6. Autoflywheel
Then instal the auto. No big deal, but compard to a manual, they are a prick to bolt up. Pretty hard to get a spanner around some of the bolt heads on the bellhousing - whoever designed that needs a kick up the rear end.
Gemini Driving Yobbo
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2002 12:43 am    Post subject: Re: Manual to Auto - TX Coupe Reply with quote

yes it is come and get the gearbox of me then $40 for the lot
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: