HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

heater, temp, fuel gauge problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grizzel
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2002 8:25 pm    Post subject: heater, temp, fuel gauge problems Reply with quote

I am having lots of problems with my gemini's temperture and fuel gauges.
1) The fuel gauge does not accurately show the amount of fuel in the tank
2)The temp gauge, stays on cold for a while and not move except for when it's been driving for hours,
3) the heater smells like chicken curry (Seriously!). IT only smells like curry when it is on hot temp, not on cold.

Any ideas about causes and solutions?

Grizzel
Josh
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2002 8:48 pm    Post subject: Re: heater, temp, fuel gauge problems Reply with quote

Fucked if i know whats wrong with your fuel gauge... Get a new one

Your temp gauge is fine, They only go up when the coolent gets REALLY hot

The heater is probley leaking coolent into the cabin because thats just what gemini heater cores do... Solution = Remove the heater core
wharfie
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2002 8:52 pm    Post subject: Re: heater, temp, fuel gauge problems Reply with quote

yeah heater is easy to fix, $20 for a good one from the wreckers
CuGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2002 9:43 pm    Post subject: Re: heater, temp, fuel gauge problems Reply with quote

Is the fuel guage reading at all?
probs 2 and 3 are possibly related and a symptom of a poorly maintained cooling system. replace your heater core (easy) and check all hoses while you're at it and check your thermostat is opening propery (drop it in boiling water and it should open). unscrew the temp sender (under the intake manifold) and see how much scale is built up. Clean it try again. still no good get a new one.
cheers
alan
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2002 10:53 pm    Post subject: Re: heater, temp, fuel gauge problems Reply with quote

HAve a look about 1,2,3 or 3 pages back here. Temp guage was discussed in a thread there.
grizzel
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 2:26 am    Post subject: Re: heater, temp, fuel gauge problems Reply with quote

Yeh the fuel gauge reads a bit but it's completely inaccurate. Will tell me I have no petrol but I can get a good 150km extra out of the tank.

And I have a coolant leak but it's on the side where the fill container is. Would it make a difference?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: