HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Difference in coupes?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grinner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2002 10:18 pm    Post subject: Difference in coupes? Reply with quote

Does any one know the difference between the tx/c/d coupes and how to tell them apart
thanx
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2002 10:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Difference in coupes? Reply with quote

from the front the TX has a fly wire grill and the TC has bars running the down the grill and the TD has horizontal bars and from the rear the TX/TC has the reverse light on its on
and the TX has 2 big solid rubber engine mount
elky
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2002 12:24 am    Post subject: Re: Difference in coupes? Reply with quote

where do i begin......in addition to the above post, tx coupes had chrome/black tailight surrounds with extra lights in regard to the sedan. they had a different "opel" floor pan (manual only) that only allowed fitment of the opel 4 speed. they had different raditior mounts (one bolt in the bottom and a top rubber guide either side) but this was only until july 75 i think. tc coupes had a chrome/silver surround and the normal floor pans. td had sedan style tailights with the number plate between them(tx/tc had the plate under the bar) td coupes also came in sl/e versions with chrome around the side windows, headlights and below the grille. they also had monaro/torana sports mirrors, if u wanna know more let me know, i have had 7 coupes and am currently driving a silver td sl/e coupe with tg front and rear panels, and have been doing up a tx coupe for the last 2 years and hopefully might be finished in 2 more!
cheers
NUT161
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2002 1:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Difference in coupes? Reply with quote

tx's have "isuzu gemini" between the tail lights, tc's "holden gemini" between the tail lights and td's have the number plate between the tail lights, as well as the other differences stated
alan
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2002 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Difference in coupes? Reply with quote

Only a small run of very early TX coupes had the symettrical floor pans (what you call the OPel style)
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2002 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Difference in coupes? Reply with quote

yeah i have the may 75 coupe i could run the late model four speed but would rather the early one becuase of the taller 1st fgear
Benjamin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2002 8:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Difference in coupes? Reply with quote

That gearbox rocked, talk about fast launches! I had a March 75 TX Sedan, didn't launch nearly as hard when I fitted the late model 5spd Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: