HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

another exhaust question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PinkBitz
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2002 1:07 am    Post subject: another exhaust question Reply with quote

does anybody think that a 2inch system with extractors and only one hotdog in front of the rear axle where the old muffler box used to be would sound good?
Wagonslut
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2002 2:41 am    Post subject: Re: another exhaust question Reply with quote

NO
DR_GEM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2002 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: another exhaust question Reply with quote

yes it would!!
but definite defect
GasGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2002 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: another exhaust question Reply with quote

Yeah been there it's quickest way to get a unroadworthy, and you have to have the stereo up fnk loud to here it,

1600 big cam, weber tx headers 2inch pipe 1 hotdog

I could be heard from about 8kms from home on full song going up the hills.

the old man was most impressed it came to the point that I had to change it or I could not start my car, just at idle in the drive it used to shake the house windows, he threatened to use the gas axe on it.

but after 3 months I was just as sick of it, so I went
for tx headers 2 1/4 pipe with a 2 1/2 inch turbo muffler and a 2 1/2 resi, and straight out the back, best combo ever on a warm 1600.

cheers
Eggy
alan
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2002 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: another exhaust question Reply with quote

he he, all boys eventually grow up, and get tired of stupid loud cars.
turbs
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2002 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: another exhaust question Reply with quote

Doesnt need to be loud to sound nice. Just needs to be a V8.
alan
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2002 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: another exhaust question Reply with quote

Agree. wish someone would beat it into those fuckwit HArley riders that take the baffles out of their mufflers so everyone can hear them coming. Wankers!
Benjamin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2002 8:21 pm    Post subject: Re: another exhaust question Reply with quote

Here here! And the typical Harley - more noise than go - motto. "Hey as long as we sound tough... Grrr"

My current setup:
Genie extractors with 2 1/4" pipe, large Redback muffler, resonator on rear and 3" exit (arse of resonator cut for big exit). All that on a warm 1600.

I doubt Eggy would have heard it over his thing though on the cruise to Warburton though.

Cheers Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: