HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

NEW ENGINE!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaGemi
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2002 5:31 pm    Post subject: NEW ENGINE!!! Reply with quote

hey Everyone...
I havn't posted anything on here for a while. well, here is some great news for ya all!!!

in the past 2 weeks i have blown another timing chain. so, i went all out and spent some dosh that i really shouldn't have. this is what i am currently doing to the red rocket.

stripped the engine bay. replaced- master cylinder, brake balance contoller, brake fluid resivoirs, calipers, front cross member, engine mounts, pads and fluid.

cleaned and painted the engine bay (black at the moment- could be different by the weekend). rewired the stereo (again), rewired the engine bay and all other things i could get my hands and plyer's on to. moved things around alit bit.

tried to hide as much wiring as possible, got two brand new heavy duty batteries. ones in the boot and ones in the bay.

i have gone all out for the engine too. havn't cut corners.

i have had a g160 rebuilt. bottom end now has- dished pistons, bored out alot, now displaces about 1992cc, cleaned, painted and looks alot better.

head is now- rebuilt too. ported, polished. fitted with double row timing chain, bigger / valvue's, springs, stage 3 cam and also painted.

got an oil breather, rejetted and rebuilt Gem carby, new fuel pump (in tank still). oh, and extractors with a new 2. 1/2" exhaust.

have done a manual coversion aswell.

got a new radiator, hoses, and all those goodies made up for it.

new spot lights.

lets see.. what else has been done lately??? well. i think that is it. i havn't dont all of that just yet. things are almost done. should be another couple of weeks before she is on the road again. got to still finish a few things.

thanx for reading this. i will have all thep pictures of it on the site, of somewhere soon. when it is all dont. probably in about 3 or 4 weeks. i will keep you all posted.

thanx again for taking the time to read this. hoep to see you all on the next cruise. oh, when is the next Summer Nats??? as about 15 of us want to take the cruise from adelaide to Canberra / Sydney / Melbourne for some fun.

see ya cruising.
-Rob Homes.
Red TC "Pioneer Gem".
nos
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2002 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: NEW ENGINE!!! Reply with quote

summernats is just after new year man. and your car sounds sweet. i got a bunch of mates coming with me to summernats so maybe i'll see you there. then again we're also going to spring nats!
DaGemi
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2002 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: NEW ENGINE!!! Reply with quote

thanx. when are the spring nats??? they sound do-able. give me a good chance to run the engine in.

oh, if you havn't seen teh gem, i have a moster sound set up, mags and lots of attitude.

all pioneer. 3350 head unit, bullet splits front, 6x9's rear, 12" VCCS sub, 2 amps. BIG BOOM BOOM. just ask ben what he thinks of it. email him at (benssogreat@hotmail.com)

thanx again. see ya there.
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2002 8:52 pm    Post subject: Re: NEW ENGINE!!! Reply with quote

mate get over your stereo
DaGemi
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2002 12:15 pm    Post subject: Re: NEW ENGINE!!! Reply with quote

OH, burst my bubble next time. lol.

sorry martin.
nos
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2002 11:50 am    Post subject: Re: NEW ENGINE!!! Reply with quote

spring nats is in.... wait for it...... SPRING!!!! nah, sometime in sept - ish or october i think man. i'll let you know
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: