HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

turbo insurance

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Denzo
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2002 11:41 am    Post subject: turbo insurance Reply with quote

i have got a mitsubishi 1.8 litre turbo motor i beleive it will fit a standard gemi gear box has anyone got any idea about insurance and rego if i did put it in my coupe
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2002 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: turbo insurance Reply with quote

get insurance and get rego coz you'll get in twuble if u dont...
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2002 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: turbo insurance Reply with quote

i doubt an isuzu box will bolt straight up to a mitsubishi motor. Will need an engineers to get it registered and call shannons ect for insurance. They will probably sting you for it now though, they used to be really cheap!
Denzo
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2002 4:31 pm    Post subject: Re: turbo insurance Reply with quote

thanks man the biggest prob is no one can tell me how much for insurance till its finished and its tooo late then
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2002 7:14 pm    Post subject: Re: turbo insurance Reply with quote

i rang just car insuranc and got a quote on a gem with interior mags sterio ect. with any nissan 2 liter engin and it was $950 a year and $1500 excess. and i have 7 trafic infringments
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2002 8:55 pm    Post subject: Re: turbo insurance Reply with quote

Why cant they tell you untill it is finsihed? Why not just tell them its finished over the phone, or do they want to inspect the vehicle?

Oh, and another thing, why would a mitsubish engine bolt to an isuzu gearbox? I have never heard of this before, I have heard of mitsubish engines bolting to hyundi gearboxes, so does that mean a gemini engine will bolt to a FWD hyundi gearbox? That would be interesting. A FWD TD.

Ben Wight
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: