HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

I need electroic ignition

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
birch
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 10:07 am    Post subject: I need electroic ignition Reply with quote

Hi i was wondering if any gems came out with eletric ignition i need to source it for mine. If not does anyone recomend a car such as a rodeo with the same setup.
Wagonslut
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: I need electroic ignition Reply with quote

not to sure about ignition!? but holden jackeroos came out wif electric dizzys, fit strait on, no power advantages, but no more points to replace
GasGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: I need electroic ignition Reply with quote

Shuttles, Rodeo's and Jackaroo's and Piazza all at some stage came with Electronic dizzy's that should fit,

I currently have two different ones inuse i from a Piazza G200 and 1 from a shuttle, have a look around, easy to fit and set up,

cheers
Eggy
Andrew65
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 6:17 pm    Post subject: More Info Please Eggy Reply with quote

Please explaine , the fit and set up proceedure.
I am sure this would make a great workshop entry.
I was looking at a setup from Autobarn that costs $250 , so a cheaper alternative would be fantastic..
Cheers
GasGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: More Info Please Eggy Reply with quote

OK,

Both I have purchase for about $50 each,
so far both have built in modules and only 2 wires,
1 wire was power from the coil full 12 volts,
1 wire was the negative back to the coil ( replaces the old wire from the coil or you can join the two)

both were purchased directly from previous owners so I don't know the wrecker prices.

Fitted and running in about 10 mins usually, check timing and away you go,

Improvements YES, you can give your plugs a little more gap as you will get bigger spark, also have removed the ballast resistor on both systems,

I did cook 1 coild as it was a Bosh solid state that did not like working without the ballast resistor, but it lasted 2 yrs, so.

Cheers
Eggy
Andrew65
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: More Info Please Eggy Reply with quote

Thanks.
Time to start serching the yards me thinks.
cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: